Horrible weed

Page 2 / 2
jazzryn, Oct 8, 11:28pm
Was going to ask how to get rid of onion weed, it just seems to pop up everywhere, just sprayed it again yesterday.

meetee, Oct 9, 9:31am
rainrain1 I call it artillary weed becuse the seeds shoot everywhere if you touch the seed pods. I have it in my garden and have had it in pretty much every garden I have moved to and never fully get rid of it but get the numbers down by spraying where I an and pulling as soon as I see it. It has become an obsession now so if I see the little white flowers I pull the plant even if I'm in someone else's garden.

meetee, Oct 9, 9:33am
That has a long fleshy root and you need to get the lot or it grows back.

wine-o-clock, Oct 9, 10:16am
would a spray work-which is best?

Repeated applications of Death to Oxalis will cause the plants to defoliate. When mixed with a wetting agent like sprayfix, regular application will weaken and eventually kill the bulbs.The advantage of this product is that it shouldn’t affect other plants that are sprayed. However this product is ineffective against the oxalis with yellow flowers. -
. and i have yellow flowers

meetee, Mar 7, 4:06pm
I have used Roundup or its cheaper versions successfully. Perhaps you could paint it on if among other plants I just prefer to dig it out. I seem to have eradicated it now. It is important with any weeds to prevent seeding so if I can't actually weed the garden at the time, I at least try to pull the flowers off.