Weed ID please

p.monro, Apr 13, 1:10am
https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/375850385.jpg

Could you please help with this weed ID. It grows in my courtyard at this time of the year. Glyphosate is not effective but I think I remember that Amotryl works

les6, Apr 13, 1:13am
no picture?

p.monro, Apr 13, 1:18am
I think it works now

pogram0, Apr 13, 1:21am
I have this in my garden too. It is called Liverwort. Roundup has no effect. I find the best method is to pour boiling hot water on it. I have started doing this already. It seems to grow in the winter time so I would not let is get too old before tackling it. If you leave it too long a small white dot will appear on top of the plant and I'm not sure but this could be a seed.

p.monro, Apr 13, 1:39am
[quote=pogram0. It is called Liverwort. .[/quote]
Yep I think you are right. I had a quick google. It appears that it is a NZ native so it is not surprising that I have it as I have large native bush reserves.
Thanks for your help

harrislucinda, Apr 13, 2:44am
looks like a fungus

wheelz, Apr 13, 9:04am
Spray with vinegar. really works. When brown and dry, sweep off. But if your courtyard is shady and damp. Expect to be doing it again.

koru67, Apr 13, 7:21pm
Is that undiluted vinegar?

p.monro, Apr 13, 7:53pm
Amitrol costs about $1/litre of mixed spray. I forget the price of vinegar at the supermarket but it is probably about the same price

wheelz, Apr 27, 10:13am
I use it neat, I am impatient, so haven' t tried it diluted.
Most people already have vinegar in their cupboard, and budget brand is cheap as chips. how many have amitrole on hand?

nzjay, Apr 30, 10:11am
Try sprinkling ordinary washing powder on a patch and give it a week or so. It usually works, depending on moisture/light etc of the location.
A little powder goes a long way and is quite cheap.

twain1, Apr 30, 7:33pm
Baking soda is the best as its very alkaline and liverwort is acid, so its less damaging to the micro organiisms

smiler127, May 1, 9:25am
Thanks for that tip,twain. What ratio can i use in the sprayer? I've around an acre covered in larges areas of liverwort.

chelseabird, May 1, 11:07pm
When I worked at a Propagators, they used to just sprinkle the Baking Soda on the Liverwort straight. It worked well but you need to avoid any other plants in the area.

toolwarehouse, Jan 18, 6:07pm
Liverwort. Use a moss killer to control it