ID PHOTOGRAPHS OF PEST PLANTS AUCKLAND

dottyone1, Jan 5, 9:11pm
have photo copied. weed busters and popped into their letter box with a very nice letter and will see where we go from there

dottyone1, Jan 12, 2:10am
They have actually cut back a few agapanthers, but have not spoken to me as yet

lythande1, Jan 12, 6:07pm
There are pest plants and then there are banned plants.
Unless it's on the banned list you can't make them remove them, council or not.
Check:
http://www.arc.govt.nz/environment/biosecurity/pest-plants/pest-plants_home.cfm

dottyone1, Jan 1, 1:34am
I share a bank with neighbours, who work and know nothing about horticulture. Any way I removed a shrub that was a pest plant, also lots of creepers that are growing over everything including my rhodos, I have now been banned from our shared bank and threatened with a fence. To whom do I notify regarding pest plants invasive agapanthas and creepers. they wish to keep as they like things hanging down and the smell, They do not understand term invasive or pest plants I am on North Shore auckland. I fear all the work I have done unnoticed and un thanked will be ruined by these ghasly creepers

maclad, Jan 1, 2:00am
I tried notifying local council but because they were pest plants and not noxious council said there was nothing they could do. Good luck with this, people who allow these type of plants are very irresponsible gardeners who spoil things for many others creating extra work to keep gardens nice. From my understanding pest plants cannot be moved, sold, propagated, given away plus more. I guess your neighbours are doing none of this. Just keep them under control on your side and you are allowed to return any thing which is cut off your side to their side. Perhaps a fence would be good but then guess you will have to front up with some cash.

dottyone1, Jan 1, 3:32am
I think if I were to get copies of photos of plants and copy of councils report of pest plants and put in their letter box may help. Be difficult to put fence in There is quite a steep slope. between us.

maclad, Jan 1, 3:47am
Some people just do not care and will go their own way regardless good luck.

rednicnz, Jan 1, 4:54am
Councils only tend to get involved if it involves specific weeds which they're having problems with and trying to eradicate.

http://www.weedbusters.org.nz/resources/
These guys do good resources which they can send you to help.

koru67, Jan 1, 4:57am

spiritofgonzo, Mar 30, 11:05am
Banned from your own shared bank? Tell em to get stuffed and go and educate themselves, you are doing property maintenance.