Pest? tree.fuzzy leaves with small yellow fruit?

purplegoanna, Feb 13, 5:53am
usually quite a spindly looking specimen.trying t find out if its fruit are toxic or not.if they are ill chop it down but if theyre not that will explain why the waxeyes are hanging around it and ill leave it (no not loquat) TIA

oh_hunnihunni, Feb 13, 6:33am
Looks like tobacco plant to me, the noxious kind, not the smokable one.

purplegoanna, Feb 13, 6:39am
oh crikey its a damned if i do, damned if i dont, kind plant.its on the neighbours land so ill just chop of what i can for now.birds can eat the ripe berries

surfinjonny, Feb 13, 8:11am
Yes Woolly Tobacco, a extremely horrible plant, seeds last for every and the leaves stink. Definately want to convince the neighbour to cut it out, and roundup and diesel the stump.

spiritofgonzo, Feb 13, 5:30pm
wooly nightshade

spiritofgonzo, Feb 13, 5:34pm

lythande1, Feb 13, 11:07pm
Ah Wooley Nightshade. It's highly toxic, yes the birds eat those berries, not poisonous to them, but they spread them. Little babies will spring up for years and years, keep weeding them out.
Pick a leaf, it stinks like diesel or kerosene. Leaves are toxic too, but you won't die if you wash your hands before going near food.
It's not just on the pest plant list it's on the banned and must be removed list.
If you don't, the council can come and do it and bill you for it.

lythande1, Feb 13, 11:09pm
No. make them remove it.
Give them a print-out. If they don't, ring the council.
They'll issue a notice.
You'll end up with millions of them.I know, my neighbour had a huge one. We cut it down for him, but he left all the babies.once it's back to fence height I'll hassle him again.
I weed babies out from my place endlessly.

purplegoanna, Feb 14, 12:04am
NO ill do it my way thanks. its a neighbouring business actually, ill remove the bits hanging ova my side and tell them to remove it after, theres a flock of white eyes in their eating the berries and with food being so short this year for birds im not going to remove that food source.

lythande1, Mar 6, 5:14pm
Waxeyes are an Aussie import anyway, they're pests. They devour orchards and so on, you think they're endangered or something!
And that plant will come up everywhere from now on, be warned. You could think about kids and pets in the neighbourhood, every part of the thing is poisonous.