I have a fair bit of scrap metal eg dryer

jills3, Nov 7, 7:18am
metal pipes, etc. Do you people think its worthwhile me packing it into station wagon and taking to scrap dealer or should I just give it away to someone who collects metal scrap. I have abit of copper. Yes today I have just received the rates bill. Thank you.

russ18, Nov 7, 7:24am
Yes, can be surprising how much you get. and you don't pay tip fees to get rid of it.
You'll do better if the dryer is dismantled.

golfdiver, Nov 7, 7:37am
Scrap money is the lowest it's been in a decade. Don't expect to pay your rates on an old dryer and a few pipes

tmenz, Nov 7, 7:54am
There's one in Archers Road and another in Hillside Road. I see whiteware stacked up behind the former.

tintop, Nov 7, 8:56am
Alexander scrap in Silverdale will take a dryer off your hands as an indication of dealer interest at the moment. You may be able to get a wee bit more from another scrappie.

Copper is always worth something, but ferrous metals not much at the moment. .

lythande1, Nov 7, 6:33pm
Copper and brass get a decent amount, steel. hardly worth it.

http://www.metalcorp.co.nz/pricelist.php

But still, at least that way it saves a rubbish tip trip.

cantabman1, Nov 7, 7:23pm
YES GO FOR IT!

lovelurking, Nov 7, 7:47pm

jills3, Aug 6, 7:05pm
Thanks alot for replies. Will load up the wagon next week and take it in. I was going to put inorganic rubbish but thought why should council make money when I could do with afew dollars. Also I have heard from a friend now with the new inorganic rubbish system, they take the good stuff they can make money out of and if you are over your limit they leave what they dont want. I have plenty of rubbish council can have. Thanks again.