Old uppright clothes dryer

steve1476, Dec 11, 12:45am
Does anyone know of anyone wanting to part with an old uppright clothes dryer, i need one to use for a fish smoker so doesnt need to be in working order.

littlemissy1, Dec 11, 10:22am
Do you have recyclers at your local landfill! Or maybe an appliance store where they fix machines or take trade ins!

ETA.You could also ask on freecycle.co.nz or asksharegive.co.nz, Im sure someone would happily give you their junky one lying around =)

cantabman1, Dec 12, 6:31pm
Most of these dryers were picked up many many years ago for this purpose. It is well over 40yrs since any of the cabinet dryers have been made, so your chances are slim indeed.
I advise to just buy a smoker from the warehouse or a second hand one off TM.

mokaumoi, Dec 13, 12:15am
Could you adapt an old fridge cabinet for the purpose!

cantabman1, Dec 13, 6:40pm
I dont think so as some of the linning is A.B.S and you may get some toxic fumes into the food.It would need to be an all metal interior, ideally without paint. I was given a s/steel smoker for my 60th last April; its the best thing ive used and had fun with in ages.Smoked mackerel is just out of this world.

elect70, Dec 14, 3:34am
Ive been looking for 1 foryear nowfor fishsmoker .No luckall gone to crusherit seems& those leftmade into smokers . Better thanthe things they sell todayespecially if want to smoke legs ofpork ormutton . ( mutton ham )

rsr72, Dec 14, 3:36am
Warehouse has an upright cabinet smoker.
Only $245 as well.

smoocher, Dec 14, 9:40pm
my elderly parents have an old upright dryer sitting under their house. I think it has shelves in in to lay clothes on.
I will check with them later this week, when I see them to ask if they still want it. If they dont need it, I shall post back here.

steve1476, Dec 15, 6:34am
that would be great. Thanks

paremata1950, Dec 18, 4:03am
We have an old steel woolpress and its wonderful smoked hams, salamai's trout come up a treat.waste not want not.

purplegoanna, Dec 19, 11:59am
for yrs hubby & i had been talking bout building such a smoker than 3 yrs ago we went to his aunts house to get some furniture from the basement and ello ello wots sitting in the corner.GOLD! in the form of a standup dryer.its been lovingly converted and makes beaut smoked fish (although i reckon mine done in the portable on the bbq is better).