Samsung washer/dryer front loader problem

andy644, Jan 4, 6:02am
My model no. is WD7704C8C/XSA. It has stopped draining. so i can manually drain it , then it will spin. Hubby who is a handy man pulled it apart and the pump looks fine-no sign of black/heat etc. All hoses are clear. When i look in the drain hole at the bottom there is nothing to block it. the orange paddle in the pump can move if I touch it. It just doesnt turn itself on.

2 days ago I had to manually open it (due to putting a large builders tape measure in. So i pulled the orange cord. Then after that it would not click the door closed. Sopushed all the electrical wiring bits in firmly and it went like dream again. 4 washes later it will not drain.

Can anyone help please! Thanks so much

pamow69, Jan 5, 10:41pm
There is 2 possibilities. Either pump is obstructed or too weak to spin by itself or there is no power being applied to run the pump. You need to establish which - pump fault or power fault. Take drain cover out (make sure no water in machine first) Put machine on drain or final spin and start. If you can hear humming sound from pump then you know power is getting to it but something is stopping it from spinning. No sound at all could mean no power. You really need a test multimeter to check the pump properly & check if power is being applied.

andy644, Jan 6, 4:18am
We have a multimeter here. There is no humming at all, so obviously no power getting to pump. I can manually turn the pump paddle both ways so it is not stuck. It was strange because it was washing fine and then all of a sudden stopped. Do you think there maybe a wire off Pamow!We will pull it apart again tomorrow and see what we can see.
There is nothing blocking it-we have cleaned every hose and crannie
out.

thanks so much for posting this

aredwood, Jan 6, 7:21am
You need to do the check that pamow69 said. No humming could also be the pump motor gone open circuit. Therefore when power gets applied nothing happens.

pamow69, Jan 6, 10:50am
Yes take the pump out and put the multimeter on the ohms range. Put one probe on each terminal of the pump so you get a reading through the winding. No reading means it is open circuit & stuffed. If you get a reading tell me how many ohms it is and the make of the pump.

andy644, Jan 6, 7:13pm
Thanks guys. Doing as above today. Will let you know the outcome.

andy644, Jan 6, 9:50pm
Hi Pamow-what scale on the ohms range-we had it on 20k- we got o.18 reading. it is an askoll m47 pump. the orange paddle flicks as it the magnet is holding it. No sign of heat in the windings.
Could I have knocked a wire up near the switch opening when i manually opened the door the other day-and it has come loose!

pamow69, Jan 7, 1:09am
20K is too high a scale. 200 ohm would be better. Not exactly sure what the Askoll pump reading should be I don't have one here to compare. Most of the others i.e. Hanning or Plasset pumps are around 150 to 160 ohms so I would expect the Askoll to be fairly similar. You may of knocked a wire. I would expect the two wires from the drain pump to go up to a plug on the main control board. Look for two wires the same colour as the wires on the pump & check that plug is firmly in place.

andy644, Jan 7, 1:34am
At 200ohm we are getting 177.6 comes up.we are just taking the top off to get to the control board-hope we are right doing it this way.
Does it sound like the pump is ok with the above reading!. P.S thanks so much for your help.

andy644, Jan 7, 1:39am
Ok done that. all the wires that plug into a terminal in the top control panel are all plugged in safe and sound.

andy644, Jan 7, 1:53am
my husband is thinking the pump must be had it, because all wires are firmly attached-we have followed the wires all around-looked at every terminal and all is plugged in properly.

andy644, Jan 7, 3:42am
My husband hitched the pump up to the electrcity direct out of the machine and it went no problem. So we put it all together again and thought yeh it will go. but no it does everything except drain. it is like there is no power getting to the pump to start it.
I put it on a cycle and it washes-stops, so I manually drain it and then it starts spinning away happily.
I think we are at the stage of calling a serviceman in as we cannot sort it.
Thanks so much for all your assistance.

pamow69, Jan 7, 7:58am
Ok well if the pump runs directly off a 230 volt supply then pump must be okay. For some reason your machine is not putting power on to pump when it should be. Best to get a service person who is experienced with Samsung and that particular model.

andy644, Jan 20, 8:43pm
Pamow-thank you very much for assistance in all this. Even though we haven't fixed the problem, we have learnt how the machine basically works!
it is nice to know there are people in this world who give out information freely to assist others.
You are awesome