Fisher & Paykel Dryer Help required

rumchippy, Oct 25, 6:55pm
Fisher & Paykel Multi - Temp Auto Sensing Dryer ED56
This dryer is one of there top of the line dryersIt runs for about five minutes get up to heat then shuts down Is there any one out there that may be able to help me where to start looking for the problem I would appreciate your help please

bradfam, Oct 25, 8:56pm
I had an f&p dryer a wee while ago - don't remember the model, but it had an auto sensor that shut it down when it overheated.This was happening as soon as it got hot, similar to yours.When we took the back off the belt thingee had come off.We put that back on and it seemed to have fixed it.Worth a go!

rumchippy, Oct 26, 5:12pm
Thanks for your comment bradfam I will check it out

studio1, Oct 27, 12:09am
Is the drum turning! If so, then the belt has not come off.
These units have auto-moisture sensing and will turn off once they detect that the load is actually dry and the moisture content in the exhaust air has dropped below a certain point.
It's possible the sensor is faulty or the control module is.

thebear61, Oct 27, 11:08pm
could it be something as simple as the lint catcher is full & needs cleaning out or the exhaust for the airflow is blocked or impeded

rumchippy, Oct 28, 7:28am
The drum is turning. Lint catcher is clean. I am not to surer how you could cheek auto - moisture sensing units! If there any one out there that can advise me I would appreciate it
I can get a new mother board if it come to that
Thanks for your advise

rojill, Oct 28, 8:46am
From Consumer.org.nz
Appliances
Clothes dryers
Updated 29 May 2012
Clothes-dryers-hero Preview models tested

Find out which dryers are red hot and which are just hot air.

A good dryer can save you time and money over winter. We tested heat-pump, condenser and vented models to find the most efficient, easiest to use and fastest.

Read on for results for 18 clothes dryers ??

pamow69, Oct 27, 11:55am
Lay it face down on a soft towel to protect door. Remove back panel. Then remove vent tube on right hand side. Look in to opening where vent tube locates and you will see the moisture sensor. Small black thing on a plastic holder which is held in with one screw. Remove screw and lift sensor out carefully to where you can work on it. Clean all fluff off and built up dust. Soft toothbrush does a good job. Put sensor & back panel on & try dryer. Quite often the sensor is so dirty it gets a false reading.