Knobs off pot lids?

Page 1 / 2
tourer100, Feb 6, 5:21am
Hi, anyone here know where to purchase plastic knobs off the top of my frying pan lid, the lid is glass. have tried a few places with no success. I have 2 lids now with no knobs, Any suggestions welcome, TIA

soph001, Feb 6, 5:26am
Recycling centre is where I last got pot lid knobs

nfh1, Feb 6, 5:27am
Do the charity shop have any pans which have similar lids!

tourer100, Feb 6, 5:28am
Great thanks, shall try both suggestions, thanks so much

32oscar, Feb 6, 6:02am
check mitre 10, we have them at our store down in little old mosgiel,

breness, Feb 6, 7:46am
We have a lot of people come into our OpShop looking for pot lids just so as they can take the knobs off them.

richard112, Feb 6, 9:02am
Got some in a 2 dollar shop once.

gag5, Feb 6, 10:19am
My handyman dad found a Bakelite drawer knob from the demo centre & gave my frypan a new knob that had been missing for years! Took him a few minutes to fit it with a new nut! I love it cos every time I use it I think of my old Dad!

pommyjohn1, Feb 6, 5:32pm
I used a knob off a car gearstick looked quite good

purplegoanna, Feb 6, 7:25pm
i use the wooden drawer knobs from bunnings.

caspar26, Feb 6, 9:17pm
go to the $2 shop across from the look sharp store in onehunga, i saw them there the other day and thought what a rediculous item to sell. but looks like there is a use for them. I think they came in packs of 4 for about 5 bucks

tigra, Feb 7, 12:31am
What gets me is surely the user notices the knobs are loosening. Why dont they tighten them!

peter148, Feb 7, 12:52am
I use a cork from a bottle of sparkling wine.

junie2, Feb 7, 1:30am
Many of my pots and pans have "dad-fashioned" lids too. Drawer handles from an old dressing table. The flashest one is painted flowers on porcelain - the knob off an old borer-riddden chest of drawers. Much prettierthan $2 shop ones.

junie2, Feb 7, 1:31am
We must be stupid eh! Or maybe they actually broke!

..pip.., Feb 7, 3:07am
What a good idea!

mkbooks, Feb 7, 3:41am
I had one replaced with an old wooden cotton reel

richard112, Feb 7, 3:53am
Please tell us what brand of utensils you use, that the knobs never crack or the threads don't strip. I suppose the handles are still on all your frypans as well!

tigra, Feb 8, 2:55am
On all 5 frypans and 6 pots the original knobs are safely in place. But then I'm a guy who doesnt ignore loose knobs.

rsr72, Feb 8, 3:04am
Why do pan knobs need replacing in the first place!
You would think the makers would have got something so utterly basic fixed right in the first place.

zeroh, Feb 8, 3:41am
ha .ever looked at the basic design of oven trays & racks .there often worse now than 50yrs ago , and have never improved most with less variations in height . Then try a few see if they don't try to fall or slide on your lap when you pull out a stinking hot tray or dish . For something so basic they are quite dangerous .

wron, Feb 8, 4:13am
My brother got a replacement from another nz site "sella" quite recently - he tried here 1st but didn't have any luck.

tonijo, Feb 8, 5:58am
^^^ wot they said^^^

supernova2, Feb 8, 6:28am
Briscoes might be able to get them.They got us a new jug lid in about 3 days.

downsouth1, Feb 8, 6:29am
Saw them the other day in the cheapo shop by countdown in Three Kings - only a few dollars for a pack of 3.