Celery in a pot?

redback2, Dec 18, 4:42am
all mine has gone to flower at the top and branches! should i have trimmed or what is the secret. they have sun all day with corn and radish and carrot and spuds but the celery looks sad! any info please and thank you! and merry xmas with fresh veges.i think the celery is past it but info for next time would be good!

redback2, Dec 18, 7:27am
geez no-one has a clue!or not willing to share! shame on you!

antoniab, Dec 18, 7:43am
As far as I know celery need a lot of water so I would assume being in a pot may make then tend to dry out more easily and therefore bolt!
Also as they are more of a Winter vege, they are not something I grow in Summer (same goes for rocket and corriander) as they are just too prone to bolting in the hot weather.
Just a guess :)

gag5, Dec 18, 9:17am
I won`t bother with celery again - have tried a couple of times. Mine was in before winter, then went to seed in the spring. had heaps of water, tubes around the plants to make them grow tall, plenty of manure - nah, much easier to just get it at the supermarket!

amiri1, Dec 18, 9:37am
I've grown it in pots and it's much nicer than the supermarket stuff. But you have to make sure they have enough water. Lots of water!

redback2, Dec 19, 5:04pm
thank you all cheers