New showers water leaving water stains - help?

doc311, Jan 1, 2:52am
we have just installed 2 new bathrooms we had the old metal shower trays and now have the white bottom showers, but am finding they get a bluey green water stain after a little while, we are on rain water tank supply any suggestions don't want the new bathrooms getting ruined and stained so quickly when so new!

michelle_smith, Jan 1, 3:08am
we only use body wash in our showers no soap as it leaves marks on the glass

lythande1, Jan 1, 3:08am
This is caused by soft water (acidic), it's leaching the copper out of your pipes and that causes the stain.
Adjust water - probably not possible, or just clean it straight away, if you leave it t build up, you'll never get it off. It's easy enough when you see the first faint stains though.

biddy6, Jan 1, 3:11am
It's quite common for the manufacturer of the trays to have there own preferred cleaning product, check with them or thru your supplier .

dastedly, Jan 1, 5:39am
It the water did it .was the staintess tray you would not of seen it the same .Rain water is not allways that good ,but we all still drink it with all the shit in it and still tast good

fibertrix, Jan 1, 6:04am
It's the new hot water cylinder leeching copper into the water.Run some hot water into a glass bowl. Nothing. Now add soap, hey presto green stuff. Will take years to come right.

Clean thoroughly, then put a coat of car wax on. Or so I've heard.

40wav, Jan 1, 6:42am
Do you have a low pressure hot water system! (i.e. header tank in the roof)!

doc311, Jan 5, 7:41pm
knew about the body wash thing had been told not to use block of soap for the glass not causing the other problem though, we installed a new cyclinder and up graded to high pressure, we had the old header tank in the ceiling before that.the metal trays did go dull after a while also but so would give them a scrub and then they would come up shiny again, sounds like I just have to get the right cleaning product and keep on top of it so it does not get too stained.

hotrods, Jan 5, 8:04pm
shower power is good for getting of the blue, buy it at supermarket about 10.00 for 700 mls tho

wunderbar2, Jan 5, 11:51pm
What type of Rainwater tank do you have there !Plastic fantastic or a Concrete one !The HWC that you have is that aEnamel lined ( glass)/ or stainless steel tank- !

aeromo, Jan 6, 2:55am
Yes, had this for as long as I have lived in this house, 22 yrs. When blue starts to show I know it needs cleaning. Not really a problem usual cleaners get it off. Interesting you link it to tank water, had not thought of that. I just thought it was normal with the moulded shower liners as first time I have had one.

aloha3, Jan 17, 11:05am
Thanks for asking the question. I will keep that in mind on our new build.