Removal of water spots on windows in rangiora

melford, Apr 25, 3:32am
How can they be removed? Have tried C-Thru ( no longer works) have tried 30 second spot remover too. Anybody got any home remedies that have worked please>

rogerk1, Apr 25, 4:16am
I too have tried most of the available products. None work at all. One idea (yet to try) is fine-grained wet and dry paper - say 2,000 grit. I have heard that this can be used on car headlights - so why not in a shower?

sylvia, Apr 25, 11:36pm
We had the same problem both in Rangiora and in Christchurch. Solved it both times with the Water Stain Doctor who polished the glass and then sealed it. All you need to do then is after each shower dry it off, we use a hand towel or a microfibre cloth, a quick wipe over and it is dry. By doing this you are also cleaning it! An outside window had water stains from an irrigation spray and husband used a fine cutting compound like you would use on a car and that worked well but it wasn't nearly as stained as the shower glass but could be worth a try as a home remedy.

melford, Apr 26, 7:36am
thank you may have to try the cutting compound - do you know what type it was please?

needy, Apr 26, 10:04am
We used C thru on our shower but it was to hard work to rub. I put the clothe on a hand sander and sanded the glass. took a couple of goes as it was really bad. It came up really clean and glistening. Try it , it really works

sylvia, Apr 26, 10:25am
Any type of fine automotive cutting compound is the word from my husband. Good luck, it might be hard work but to be honest the professional finish will be well worth the money.

cantabman1, Apr 26, 6:43pm
You could try C.L.R

cary14, Apr 29, 9:06am
x1
The cleaner you use on the glass on the oven hob

madam127, Apr 30, 5:55am
Hi Melford. When you say the C-Thru 'no longer works', what do you mean? As in the formula has changed or it used to work but has 'expired'?

bashfulbro, May 4, 3:44am
Wet and Forget have a product called ' Tiger`s Paw ' it is brilliant for cleaning hard water spots on glass showers , so should imagine it would do windows as well, it is well worth a try.

lilyfield, Jan 18, 2:42pm
clr does not work. Cutting compound does., and its cheap
Use an electric palm sander, a soft cloth or thin carpet instead of sandpaper clamped in. Water spraybottle in the other hand. Half hour, done.