Stains from Lillies

miffycat1, Jan 4, 9:09pm
Has anyone got suggestions as to the best way to remove stains on fabrics, caused by the stamens of the Lillies, ?

oh_hunnihunni, Jan 4, 9:22pm
No, but I'd be interested to hear. And off wallpaper, lol. That's how I learned to cut them off first thing.

chelseabird, Jan 4, 9:37pm
I guess it depends on the fabric but I have always just washed as usual and then hung out in direct sun.

kaylin, Jan 4, 9:48pm
I also don't know. I'm currently cutting off all the filaments off my lilies that are in the vase.

kaylin, Jan 4, 9:51pm
Google says sun shine lifts it. It also says to lift the pollen with cello tape, don't rub it in. One person suggests rubbing it with Styrofoam

wheelz, Jan 5, 12:43am
2 of hubby's shirts arrived at the wash with lily pollen on, I took off as much as possible with cellotape( done while still dry) then washed as normal. when I brought washing in, no stains visible.
Whilst in another shirt pocket was a piece of yellow note paper that left a horrid yellow stain that nothing would remove! I even took the pocket off. gave the shirt a good scrub and a soak in napisan type stuff. still stained!

sla11, Jan 5, 12:48am
Can remember getting lily stain on uniform - scrubbed it with Jiff & water before washing did the trick!

pugswal, Jan 5, 6:17am
I used DeSolvIt on pollen stains on light carpet. Worked a treat. Worth a try. Good luck.

whitehead., Jan 5, 8:21am
my mother grow christmas lillys and she used to send me out with the sissiers to cut of the brown bits i was about 6 and would be dressed in my nickers i would come in covered in brown stain

re-collectibles, Jun 20, 7:10pm
Try cellotape - ductape even better