Weed

seniorbones, Oct 28, 7:19am
Dark Purply colour clover type leaves and now has a tiny yellow flower, so hard to pull out but its growing everywhere, in the path, garden, pots, in the gravel on the drive, very invasive, even found it climbing up a golden totara tree we have on our land! What can I spray it with, which will be hard as its so close to plants! Oh and it seems to be a creeper rather than a tall weed.

firefly001, Oct 28, 7:22am
Oxalis!

maclad, Oct 28, 7:38am
Sounds like creeping oxalis to me. Very hard to pull out due to deep tenacious roots and roundup won't affect it much. Something like a turf spray will deal to it but may affect other plants in close proximity, the choice is yours. Spray the driveway and pull it out of pots and garden before it seeds.

laurenlee, Oct 28, 3:40pm
Waikato garden friends have recently been discussing(cussing)this particular weed-apparently it has been coming into gardens with the potting mix used in plant nurseries.Try pouring boiling water.

eagles9999, Oct 28, 1:11am
I have a problem with a very tiny leafed version (I think)Found the most effective way of dealing with it is to use a sharp knife to loosen the roots and pull as much out as possible then using a very small sprayerspray roundup into the root are hole you just made.Problem is it generally grows close to other plants you dont want to lose _ boiling water would damage them without killing the roots of the weed