Noisy washing machine

leonie11, Dec 26, 6:33pm
smeg washing machine has just started to make a very loud noise, it does not have an agitator, have taken back off and cannot see nothing obviously wrong, have taken inside (spinning bit in bottom) but looks like I have to take all the plastic liner off to get at it! any help appreciated. this has been an excellent machine prob about 9years old. tia

studio1, Dec 26, 7:54pm
When does this loud noise occur! During filling or when it's doing its wash cycle!

leonie11, Dec 27, 7:02pm
when the machine starts it cycle, that is when it turns,

hazelnut2, Dec 27, 7:10pm
Perhaps a bra wire stuck somewhere!

leonie11, Dec 27, 7:21pm
as it does not have an agitator, I have pulled the spinning plastic cover off (dont know what you call it) and looked under there, it looks fine.but to go beyond that I have to take the whole plastic lining of the inside of the machine out! there was nothing under this, thanks for the idea!

cantabman1, Dec 27, 7:49pm
Serviceman to call out, approx $70 to diagnose. Serviceman to call out after amature takes machine to pieces $100 odd dollars.
The problem is possibly the suspention springs that hold the bowl have stretched , or a bearing somewhere, but get the bloody serviceman out and stop being a cheapskate.Gees , it cheap after 9 odd years trouble free.

leonie11, Jan 1, 10:46am
gee cantabbman sounds like you got ya knickers in a twist! thanks to others for postive input!