F & P Washing machine on buttton

pipe213, Jan 1, 8:08pm
Our washing machine has stopped working after awhile ago the bush button to turn it on split. So we were using an end of a paint brush to poke through and turn it on. But has decided to stop working now. Anyone else had this problem? Wondering if its a cheap and easy fix as the rest of the board looks sweet after opening it up and having a look.

pamow69, Jan 2, 3:43am
It would of been a cheap easy fix if you did it when it first split. The face cover just peels off like wallpaper & you buy a new touch panel, peel off the backing paper & stick it in place. Now you have either broken the plastic tab off which pushes down on the switch or broken the switch. Broken tab means buying a whole new plastic control panel & a touch panel to go on the front. Broken switch can be replaced if you know how to solder and know where to get a switch from. F&P do not sell switches, they will only sell a new display board. What model number is it?

pipe213, Jan 2, 6:39am
Yeah It would have been for sure. We have found the decal for sale for around $30 but yeah the plastic tab has broken off. We have found the rubber button and little plastic cover that attaches to the circuit board. Model number is MW512. Can't seem to find any circuit boards for sale. Only a few whole machines on the aussie ebay page.

pamow69, Jan 2, 10:31am
Can you post a pic of the damaged parts. Both from outside & also the inside of the panel. Also show the rubber button & plastic cover you found. Once I know exactly what is damaged I may be able to suggest a fix.

marte, Jan 4, 12:49pm
I had it happen to me too.
I mounted a separate button on the end of the machine. Soldered wires across to the board.

tmenz, Jan 5, 7:58am
Not a good move - the mains onto the motor controller is not isolated and the electronics can be floating at half mains potential, so your external switch can be 'live'!
If you're able to solder OK, just get a replacement tactile switch from Jaycar and fit it in place of the original.
http://www.jaycar.co.nz/search?text=tactile+switch&CSRFToken=28a509c4-d6c6-4e30-9d44-d47e18f1f644
You'll need to measure the length (height) of the original push button and choose the appropriate one.

pipe213, Jun 18, 3:43pm
Yeah we just ordered a new decal and circuit board with plastic cover. All came to about $130 all up. Have kept the old parts just in case something else happens to it. Is all up and running again. It broke down on new years day and most shops were closed for a few days after so was bad timing and my partner was panicking so couldn't source the parts and fix it for cheaper.