Washing machine probs advice please

maclad, Jun 22, 5:46am
My daughter has a TelmannXQB60-803CLPS model which is misbehaving. When turned on the lights come up but fade fast then continue to return and fade at intervals of about 2 or 3 seconds That is all it does. . Does anyone know if it is worth repairing or should "I" cut my losses and get her a new one. She has 4 kids and really needs a washing machine but at this time I will be replacing it as there is no way she can do that. Any advice gretefully received. TIA.

tmenz, Jun 22, 8:56pm
Sounds like it's probably fixable - by an appliance serviceman/technician!
Whether it's an economical repair or not is unknown until a serviceman can assess it!

ang_ck, Jun 22, 10:38pm
here in wellington, by the time the tradesman arrived at my place, it is around $80 to $100. YOu might as well buy a second hand F&P washer that is working and save some money

bluefrog2, Jun 23, 2:18am
Is it still under warranty? A lot of washing machines are sold with a 5 year extended warranty, and they'll fix most faults for free if it's still within the warranty period.
And if you do buy a new machine, take the extended warranty!

johotech, Jun 23, 2:21am
You don't need to PAY for any extended warranties. Appliances are well covered by the consumer guarantees act.

tmenz, Jun 23, 2:30am
Telman is a Warehouse brand - try ringing them to see what warranty they may have for it!

lythande1, Jun 23, 3:07am
They can't opt out of the CGA either. Geez, you'd think people would KNOW this by now.
Under the CGA the manufacturers warranty is irrelevant.

maclad, Jun 23, 4:17am
I do not know how old this machine is how can I find out.

andrew1954, Jun 23, 4:30am
Perhaps instead of the repair man coming to the machine, you could take the machine to the man ?! This of course is contingant on have access to a couple of "strong people" and a ute / trailer etc, the time to do it, a suitable repair place handy etc etc.
If you could talk to the repair man himself, on the phone, he may given the make and model be able to draw on his experience etc and give you a rough idea of the "economics" of repair. The problem you have out lined may be well known as the final death throws of this make and model !

maclad, Dec 9, 8:13am
Yep made some more inquiries and gotta get a new one I think B****r Thanks everyone.