Backpack weed sprayer. Bunnings

blogzy, Feb 4, 4:40pm
Bunnings does a 15L backpack weed sprayer for around $50. Is it ok or could I spend more elseware.

tweake, Feb 4, 6:54pm
got a link to it?
they don't seam to have one listed for $50.
get a pressure sprayer no the pump type (the pump type only spray on each pump stroke)
i would stick with the solo sprayers.

harm_less, Feb 4, 6:56pm
+1 for Solo, unless your budget doesn't stretch beyond disposable.

blogzy, Feb 4, 7:33pm
2962006. Nylex . it's probably junk. $65
Better item is probably Siluan at $100
Where do you buy the solo ?

gunhand, Feb 4, 8:19pm
I used a few cheapo sprayers for years, they work but crap out quickly. I then got a Solo and man what a difference it makes. Only thing was the nozzle was not adjustable but you can buy adjustable ones. Mitre 10 sell Solo and no doubt other places as well.

tweake, Feb 4, 9:04pm
thats the pump type. right pain in the butt to use.
the pressure type are so much easier to use.

jmma, Feb 4, 9:54pm

mouse265, Feb 4, 10:31pm
i used to use a Solo backpack it was great but now its too heavy for this old git so now use a 7 litre one it does all i need and of course a lot lighter

trackim, Feb 5, 8:10am
Buy a Solo. Do it once and do it right. Will last and completely serviceable. Any farm supplies store (PGG Wrightson, Farmlands etc) sell and service them.

nzshooter01, Feb 5, 12:33pm
Buy a solo
Best ever
They have a website you can by direct from them$140 or there abouts from memory
We had a small problem with ours there south island rep took it and made it good
Great service
Its our 3rd over many years the best by far

mrfxit, Feb 5, 3:28pm
I brought a McGregors 18ltr back pack a few years ago.
Still running fine on random usage.

nicc4, Feb 5, 4:48pm
Solo knappys have 2 different modes of pump action. The diaphragm type is more expensive but much more robust than the cheaper piston type. That said, any Solo would be better than most other brands.

heisei28, Feb 5, 6:53pm
McGregors 12ltr, $20, 18yrs, mint.
Triple rinsed when finished every time.

nzshooter01, Feb 5, 10:24pm
We also have had a nz made one from bunnings, cant remember the brand, most uncomfortable thing to wear on your back,solo wins for comfort as well

rbd, Feb 6, 2:10am
I have one of the 15l Nylex ones from Bunnings. I hate it. It is not a pressure sprayer but a pump sprayer as some note. To roundup my section takes three fills, your arm is ready to fall off after the first load.

heisei28, Feb 6, 6:49am
I will confirm my 18yr old $20 12ltr McGregor is very uncomfortable.
Terrible to put on, straps maxed out and still dig in, but only use it twice a year.
Anyone spending more than $4/year knapsacking must be some sort of tycoon.

nzshooter01, Feb 6, 7:33am
ours is used weekly
And heres a tip, buy your roundup from an outfit called rainbow and brown , in rotarua i think
Great to deal with and half the price of mitre 10 etc

heisei28, Feb 6, 8:35am
I go to farmsource, we get a discount of 10% plus 10% in farmsource dollars, a further 5% for being big cheeses in a small pond, then I go in and try to wrangle a further 2-3% just because I can. 75% success rate.
For herbicides I use a gorse/brushkiller for all weeds.
For Glyphosates, I go Associate 360 drains and such.
For edges and driveway I mix the two together, up the rate and get a 6-8mth kill time weather depending.
Prettiest farm for miles.

snork28, Feb 6, 9:32am

nicc4, Aug 20, 8:05am
Another tip with sprays is to also put a squirt of dish wash liquid in the knappy while filling, and this will act as a sticker/wetting agent. Much cheaper than organosilicone alternatives.