Slippery bathroom tiles

jenny791, Mar 12, 7:42pm
We have marble tiles in a bathroom which are slippery.
Can anyone suggest a product we could paint on to fix the problem please.

lakeview3, Mar 12, 10:16pm
Get a mat. I hate tiles as they are so hard, we have mats in our bathroom and I have put those EVA squares underneath so at least it’s not hard on your feet. No slipping problem either.

I have a sisal mat in one bathroom and a leather ‘rag’ mat in the other.

snapperheadrkp, Mar 13, 9:52am
Ask at a Tile Shop?
I had a Tile slipping problem on our Porch (when the wind blew the rain in that way) They sold me a product that etched the surface and solved the problem.

flitt, Mar 15, 8:14am
I suggest your first step is to be certain about what your tiles are made of. Are they actually marble? Or are they a ceramic with a marble design? Porcelain? If they are real marble natural stone, I wouldn't suggest you use any kind of acid on them.

catdog68, Mar 15, 10:14am
I would be careful putting mats down. Make sure they are sturdy ones as flimsy mats could also cause you to slip.

jenny791, Mar 16, 4:31pm
Thanks everyone for your advice. I am looking at using non slip rubber backed mats.

mechnificent, Mar 16, 6:35pm
Wax polish makes cork tiles non slip. Try a bit and if it doesn't work you can clean it off. probably.

sanders4, Mar 17, 8:24pm
lol wax polish on marble will not harm the stone but will make a slippery slope! Best to find out exactly what the floor is and then work out a solution.

hesian, Mar 26, 10:25am
This is a bit like those very high heels women wear. Fashion. Tiles that slip in a bathroom is an idea that came from fashion. Not sensible. An elderly friend of mine had hers removed or maybe covered by a quite nice looking finish that doesnt slip. I have stupid tiles because I like many others used to be easily conned. After all how many people see your bathroom ?

pico42, Mar 26, 1:11pm
Sandblast them to make a grippy surface?

mechnificent, Apr 2, 4:50pm
Nah. wax is what surfies put on their boards so they won't slip. Wax is what's recommended for cork tiles in wet areas. because it is non-slip.

lythande1, Aug 3, 7:15pm
Paint? Either use a mat or replace the floor.