What do u have on your bathroom windows

roseyglow, Jul 16, 7:09am
We have those frosted glass windows in ours but we need something else to make them private - but want them to look modern - help?

lissie, Jul 16, 10:42am
Dont' understand - frosted glass does make them private! I've never used anything else on frosted glass. On clear glass I've used fine aluminum Venetians that looked modern

rasin11, Jul 16, 10:54am
I have cheap wooden venitians and they look stunning. I would take a photo if I knew how to upload them.

kaddiew, Jul 16, 10:56am
When lights are on, some frosted glass isn't private enough. My kitchen window faces my near neighbour;s two bathrooms, and before I had the boundary fence heightened I could unfortunately see far more than I cared to.

russ18, Jul 16, 11:10am
Pays to check. used to occasionally catch a bus to work and directly opposite the bus stop was a 2 story house with an upstairs bathroom, it had a very large low window with opaque glass that for some reason did not obscure the view.

lythande1, Jul 16, 6:44pm
Have someone stand in bathroom, turn on light, go outside and look from a little way back.
Frosted glass sure isn't private.

I have nylon curtains on mine, the sort of material you make shower curtains out of.

stampy5, Jul 16, 7:02pm
I have a bathroom blind. Saw them on TM through Easy Blinds. Been great.

jonners2013, Jul 16, 10:42pm
you can buy frosted window film from a hardware store and just stick that on - it will be an extra layer of material that will further obscure the view.

annies3, Jul 17, 3:21am
We have cotton material drape which helps to keep the bathroom warm as well as obscures the view, not that there is anyone to see in anyway, we never have mildew or any problems like that, lots of ventilation.

differentthings, Jul 17, 4:04am
You can put some type of sticky cover over the windows. Seen it at Mitre 10 etc and on the TV

pestri, Jul 17, 4:22am
mould

dibble35, Jul 17, 6:54am
Lol, I had those frosted windows in my bathroom, always thought no body could see in. then one time when my dad was staying I happened to walk outside at night. needless to say I very quickly got some of that film/stick on cover from the glaziers in town. Poor neighbours must have had a great (or not so great) view of me for ages, luckily only from the waist up

survivalkiwi, Jul 17, 8:00am
Modern frosted glass it amazing. It has come along way forward in the last few years.

asue, Jul 17, 8:23am
Just got cheapy warehouse venetian blinds. Easy to tilt/close - or slide up and down. Throw out and replace every year to keep them looking fresh.

biggles45, Jul 17, 8:38am
We have roman blinds in the bathroom and toilet.

viking60, Jul 18, 4:05am
We have a wide full length window in our bathroom and have a white wide slatted venetian blind, the chunky type from Ven lu ree. Our house is modern and the window isn't overlooked by neighbours but the blind just finishes it off.

nzdoug, Nov 20, 7:55am