Suction type Bathroom fittings

pommyjohn1, Jul 14, 8:19pm
Anyone had any success with these? I have tried to put up a towel rail to no avail.Soaked the rubber in hot water,cleaned the surface with meths but still the rail drops off within a day.This is the up market type with a centre screw to pull the suction

hazelnut2, Jul 14, 9:47pm
What are you sticking it onto? The surface has to be totally smooth, eg seratone, or shiny tile. I have expensive shiny 'press' kind of suction fittings, about 50mm wide, where the red line gets smaller when it's on tight. These stand up to a lot of weight from shampoo bottles, etc but every year or so need readjusting.

The very best support for a towel rail will be screws. If you're in a rental ask your LL to get one installed for you.

carter19, Jul 15, 5:04am
Surface is everything. I have a shampoo container that suctions onto my acrylic shower walls. It will stick to glass or acrylic but it will not stick to tiles which is what we actually bought it for.

pommyjohn1, Jul 15, 6:31am
Thanks for the feedback is is going on a new vanity unit ,very smooth surface, initially it held fast for a month,now it wont stay put for a day.
This is the make
http://everloc.com.au/news/everloc-suction-system-reviewed-aussie-product-review

aj.2., Jul 15, 6:49am
Old trick, use a little bit of egg white on the cup , then press it onto the surface / place that you want it.
Don't put any weight onto it for a couple of hours, but then you should be right.

pengy2, Jul 15, 9:43am
I bought the towel rails for laundry-worked fine but then both fell off after a few months, they bought some single hooks at work too and they did the same. all failed. Have tried to get them to restick but no go. very annoying. same brand.

cwag, Jul 15, 7:46pm
These are rubbish. Buy one that can be screwed to the wall.

venna2, Jul 15, 7:50pm
I bought suction type towel rails from Mitre 10 and they fell off the walls within days too. Trouble is, I can't hammer nails in the bathroom walls.

marlin9, Jul 15, 9:02pm
we have a suction hand grip and is fabulous - from the Magnamail catalogue.

hazelnut2, Jul 15, 9:27pm
http://reviews.itvsn.com.au/5505-en_au/163543/everloc-solutions-large-shelf-set-of-2-reviews/reviews.htm

Seems you're not alone with the suction problems! You could try printing off this page and send it to the manufacturer and request a refund under the CGA.

pommyjohn1, Nov 21, 6:04pm
Thanks guys looks like I am not alone with this rubbish product ,at least I now know that it is nothing that I am doing wrong
cheers