Neighbour trimming my tree

Page 1 / 2
trade4us2, Dec 14, 9:17am
I have a Camelia tree which is 2 metres high. My neighbour has been trimming it even along my front fence (which is not his property).
He has planted Yucca trees that are now 5 metres high and are pushing my fence over. He never trims that.
Is he stupid?

lilyfield, Dec 14, 9:41am
Very

freebutterflies, Dec 14, 9:48am
Anyone who plants a yucca is stupid, yes

tygertung, Dec 14, 11:37am
Just trim back the Yuccas.

trade4us2, Dec 14, 5:52pm
I don't think he would like that. He's stupid, remember?

funkydunky, Dec 14, 6:31pm
He is stupid and he thinks you are a pushover . drill, roundup, syringe

lakeview3, Dec 14, 6:44pm
He is only supposed to trim back to the fence line on his side. He can return the clippings to you.

I have a neighbour who runs her eye along the fence and has conniptions if there is 10cm growth. reckons she doesn’t like privacy. lol. well I DO!

lythande1, Dec 14, 6:48pm
A lawyers letter should work.

lakeview3, Dec 14, 6:53pm
just print out the fencing act or the one from the local council that deals with this issue.

trade4us2, Dec 14, 7:55pm
The backstop for his firing range is on my property!

lakeview3, Dec 14, 8:08pm
lol is this a wind up thread?

trade4us2, Dec 14, 10:58pm
He is not that stupid - he would immediately suspect me if the tree died. He has killed plenty of my trees, and sprayed weedkiller way into my property.

tegretol, Dec 14, 11:34pm
lythande1 wrote:
There can only be one winner with that idea. It will be neither you or your neighbour.

tygertung, Dec 15, 6:42am
Yuccas can actually be dug up and moved, they are pretty hardy. Just dig up and move half a metre away from the fence.

artemis, Dec 15, 6:47am
Gather evidence the yuccas are causing fence damage, get quotes to fix the fence, issue a fencing notice with neighbour to pay total amount.

Making sure the fence is on the boundary and not on the neighbour's property. If the latter, issue a fencing notice for the neighbour to pay half a new fence.

martin11, Dec 15, 7:27am
Do not blame him .

gunna-1, Dec 15, 11:02am
Sounds like my old neighbor, when did this start?, boy were we glad to be shot of him.

hammer23, Dec 15, 11:56pm
I had yukka's on my property . I would cut them back and nek minit they were growing back at a great rate of knots , so I found some weedkiller in my shed,drilled heaps of holes and said have a drink of that you Bstds and now a year later I reckon they are finished----- DEAD.

hammer23, Dec 15, 11:59pm
A wise neighbor of mine once said to me, Hammer you see these tree's I planted three years ago, well you watch them grow for seven years and then you spend the rest of your life cutting them back,Which I think we are all in the process of doing.

ferrit47, Dec 19, 11:24am
He has the right to trim it if its hanging over his side of the fence & hes allowed to throw clippings back onto your property if he wants to. But if its me I just put in wheelie bin.

gunna-1, Dec 20, 5:28pm
How do you deal with someone who dose things like trim across your front fence, or in our case hack five feet of tree of from over your side of the fence not theres, and take out tiny trees by rounduping your weeds because they didnt approve of them while they were trespassing, what legal way is there to deal with this that will make you feel sufficiently good, a good scrap would have saved me alot of stress, some people eh? can you still yell at them without drawing attention, as in louder than a jet engine? are people missing the odd broken nose, well deserved, from ridiculous transgressions on there neighbors.

lakeview3, Dec 20, 6:10pm
I had one neighbour complain about our shrubs along the fence, then we cut them back then they complained about the light from our toilet, um maybe they could close their curtains? Anyway I said we could take them out altogether and suddenly they like them now, lol.

Personally I love my privacy and would rather look at my own shrubs than someone’s house. They provide nice spaces for the birds to nest also.

I mean how much trouble it it to get mr lv to trim them back? 😂

Just kidding, I do most of it!

gunna-1, Dec 20, 6:19pm
That reminds me of planting privit to get rid of a neighbour i had nothing in common with, after speculating rumors were wafting down a house or two, and low and behold the neighbour from next to him comes up to the fence and brazenly looks around at the plants, i had no idea how to handle it apart from old school so the best i could do was to boot the back door shut as hard as i could without breaking the window, i think they got the message.

trade4us2, Dec 20, 9:03pm
My tree doesn't hang over the fence. He has 6 large Yucca trees, and one of them almost entirely hangs over the fence to my side. It is 5 metres high. As I said, he is mad.

trade4us2, Dec 21, 9:06pm
Here is my Camelia tree on the left, and the 6 Yucca trees on the right.
https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/1456319414.jpg

I don't touch his trees even though one is about to fall over on to my property.
He trims my tiny tree!
The other 30 metre trees on the left are on the other side of the road. I would love those to be chopped down.