What tree is this please

cat286, Nov 13, 8:48am

woody89, Nov 13, 10:04am
Some sort of Callistemon? A white bottle brush

piquant, Nov 13, 10:19am
I'm picking that it is Buckinghamia celsissima (Ivory Curl Tree). Was it photographed in Northern NZ or in Queensland?

cat286, Nov 13, 10:36am
Thanks very much. It was photographed in Hastings. There are a number of them all around town flowering and they are such a tidy little tree, I thought I may get one myself.

piquant, Nov 13, 11:33am
Wow, really? They are a subtropical rainforest tree. That's interesting to know. There was one in a very sheltered spot in Masterton - I have no idea if it is still there as it was on a property we looked at to buy many years ago. Agree with you though - lovely trees.

cat286, Nov 13, 2:16pm
I will pick a flower off the one pictured tonight, it is planted on the council berm.

ricp, Nov 13, 6:16pm
Our Portugeuese Laurels are looking like that right now and they're standardised and used as a street tree sometimes (Prunus lusitanicus).
Take a closer pic of flower and foliage

cat286, Nov 13, 7:44pm
Yes, I think that is more of a match thanks, the flowers look like this https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/675570373.jpg
Thanks for solving the mystery

piquant, Feb 14, 2:01pm
Yep, absolutely correct. Prunus lusitanica. When I looked at it first I thought that then I thought the racemes were far too long for prunus lusitanica. How wrong can one be - Terribly - obviously! So, well questioned ricp!