Airless electric spray guns.

gazzat22, Oct 14, 3:43pm
Has any one used these for painting a wooden fence(palings)Plenty for sale on T/me or would it be better to employ a contractor, Thks

golfdiver, Oct 14, 5:14pm
Dressed or rough sawn?

gazzat22, Oct 15, 12:29pm
Rough sawn, fence palings.

rsr72, Oct 15, 2:35pm
Bought a new Ozito airless pressure-pump sprayer from Bunnings to paint a new 35metre shiplap machine grade timber fence. Took a little practice to get going and worked well. A different spray tip might have given a better coverage as only one type is supplied. Sprayed 3 coats all up.
Thoroughly cleaning sprayer and hose etc. afterwards takes a bit of time to do it well.

golfdiver, Oct 15, 8:16pm
I don’t think an airless sprayer is ideal on rough sawn. It’s possible to get an airless roller attachment on some of the better brands. That would be ideal.

socram, Oct 15, 9:24pm
Generally, as per rsr72's post, spraying means a thinner paint and you'll probably need two or three coats. Cleaning up the equipment afterwards is usually long winded and very critical as dried on paint - particularly acrylic, is a real pain.

If there are gaps between the palings, can be a bit messy anyway and spray drift might be an issue.

golfdiver, Oct 15, 10:11pm
That may be true with a conventional sprayer, but not with an airless. Especially a quality brand like Graco

monsieurl, Oct 16, 7:48am
I got one a few years ago from Mega for $10 and used it too oil stain my rental fence, i used a roller on a 2 foot broom handle and as i was spraying rolled over as i finished, would totally do it for paint as well.

gazzat22, Mar 6, 1:05am
Thanks.Might see if i can find a local contractor and work out the economics.They seem cheap enough and it,ll be the first and last time its done.