Corded Electric Chain Saws

cats5, Aug 31, 9:21pm
Anyone tell me how they perform on hardwood. Thanks

kenw1, Aug 31, 9:33pm
I got a Ryobi and it has worked pretty well on very old very dry tea tree and power pole cross arms.

Like anything, it needs a good sharp correctly set chain.

arabelle, Sep 1, 5:13am
mine seems to chomp its way through most things its asked to, and since I cant start a petrol one, it works 100% better

helsbelsnz, Sep 2, 5:38am
I have a Makita corded chainsaw and I love it - it's light enough to be a good gardeners chainsaw, but grunty enough for smaller firewood logs

ianab, Sep 2, 7:03am
Main thing is how sharp you keep the chain. How long it lasts depends on the quality of the unit. Stihl and Makita etc make "professional" grade saws that are actually better than many cheap petrol saws.

But even a cheap one will cut OK if the chain is RAZOR sharp, so get a sharpening kit and learn how to use it.

rak1, Sep 2, 7:05am
We have a Makita electric corded chainsaw and are pretty happy with it. Just look after it and keep the chains sharpened.

sanders4, Sep 2, 7:07am
My Poulan revs higher and cuts faster than the electric one but horses for courses, I know which one is best when sitting up a tree.

samanya, Sep 2, 7:16am
I cut the cord. more than once!

farmerjohn, Oct 11, 6:48pm
Keep sharp keep oil topped up keep neighbours happy, I have 2 stihl petrol saws,and a makita electric unit,which I prefer to use when near our house, USE RCD unit for Safety