Electric Flymo replacement blade

tallguy, Sep 7, 2:51am
I purchased a electric Flymo over 2 years ago from Bunnings.
I found the blade needed replacing so went to Bunnings but they no longer sell Flymo mowers but told me they could get one on "Special Order"
FOR $83 DOLLARS!
(other blades they sell range from $20 to $45)
Had a look on the internet to find they cost about $40 + freight of $35
Bit of a ripoff don't you think?

marte, Sep 8, 7:25am
If you find a place where you can get a cheaper one, could you post it here please.

I need one for my mower.

tallguy, Sep 11, 5:38am
Still nothing at a fair price.

smalltrader2, Sep 12, 7:55pm
It is an absolute rip off for the the replacement blade. I ended up ordering one from Amazon UK last year when the exchange rate was good. With the current exchange rate, online is not such a deal any more. Also the Flymo drive belt breaks easily and costs heap to fix outside of warranty.

Flymo is good concept but bad quality product. Unfortunately, I can't find alternative if I want the hover type mower.

tub4, Sep 12, 9:17pm
Mitre10 also sold them, unsure if they still do or not

budgel, Sep 12, 10:51pm
Can the old one be rejuvinated by a sharpen and balancing?

tallguy, Sep 13, 12:02am
Mitre 10 still sell Flymo but not the blades.
I wonder about being responsible under the CGA to stock consumables?
Regarding sharpening the blades, they are not very thick and the upturn wears off so no "turbo" action for the catcher.

apollo11, Sep 13, 3:17am
I managed to grab a couple of older flymo bodies from kerbside collection and a GMC hover mower with a 2kw motor. Combined the two flymo bodies to make one good one and chucked in the GMC motor to create Frankenmower. Works better than a bought one.

tallguy, Sep 15, 4:24am
And this is the reply from Husqvarna support (Flymo importers).

The product you have we have not bought in to the country.The blade number is 521 94 73 90 and says it is a 34cm blade which we have never bought in to the country.
The mm360 we bought in the country take a 505 49 20 90 Blade and its a 36cm blade so sorry but I am unable to help.you

galex, Sep 16, 1:37pm
Do you still have the receipt so you can photograph and send to them?

ira78, Sep 17, 3:48am
To what purpose? To prove you bought it from someone who didn't buy it from them?

tallguy, Sep 17, 10:06am
Their email didn't make any sense because my Multimo 360 had a 360mm blade!
When I asked them if I could obtain a 360mm blade they replied that they are wholesalers only.
Great customer support !

maddie44, Sep 17, 10:43am
They are probably correct. Bunnings may have brought them in from Aus themselves

galex, Sep 17, 12:15pm
Try reading the whole thread.

"I purchased a electric Flymo over 2 years ago from Bunnings."

. "this is the reply from Husqvarna support (Flymo importers).
"The product you have we have not bought in to the country"

Receipt = proof of NZ purchase

ira78, Sep 18, 12:13am
Yes. Again, it only proves you bought it from Bunnings. It does not prove bunnings bought it from then. They are not responsible for after sales support for something that they did not sell.

tallguy, Sep 20, 2:30am
Sorted!

On special on eBay for NZ$12 + freight NZ$15 = NZ$27

tigra, Sep 20, 5:47am
As long as they ship to NZ!

tallguy, Sep 21, 1:06am
Yes they do I have the tracking number too

tub4, Sep 24, 8:56am
Good news, may have to do this myself. Ta