Wonderful scents in the garden, list your fav.

Page 1 / 3
matthews4, Oct 29, 4:02am
I have Citrus, Azalea Mollis, Port Wine Magnolia (my favourite), roses, Pierus, mock Orange Blossom, Herbs,Rhis is a lovely time of year to wander around the garden, and enjoy the scents.Cannot bend over to do much, as have just had Cataract Surgery, so wandering more than usual, and perhaps enjoying it more.

maclad, Oct 29, 4:15am
Oh, so, so many,but I do love the clean fresh scent of Lemon Verbena and lavender.

strebor1, Oct 29, 4:27am
My mock orange blossom is just heavenly at the moment. I am also enjoying some old fashioned, heavily perfumed rose climbers which are in flower. Always plant them near paths.

kinna54, Oct 29, 4:54am
Night scented stocks, fresias,roses especially the fresia one, daphne,

drgl33t, Oct 29, 5:09am
dak

kiaora4, Oct 29, 5:10am
BORONIA, if you have't smelt this, you must go straight down to your local plant store and smell it, it is heavenly!

tui93, Oct 29, 5:23am
Cabbage tree flowers.

maggie197, Oct 29, 5:31am
Can't wait for the honeysuckle to flower, its scent is heaven when walking up the drive.
kinna54 I just love those scents too - freesia is my all time favourite flower and the rose of the same name is just gorgeous, so have a few in my garden as well.
Another smell/scent that is quite memorable is that of the wild thyme that grows around the hills of Alexandra. On a hot day there is nothing more pleasant than driving with the windows down with the smell of thyme waffling in the air which seems forever.

laurenlee, Oct 29, 5:46am
What a lovely positive subject-I really love my philadelphus(mock orange).Jasmine is a delicious memory scent from my childhood.

tonijo, Oct 29, 6:16am
I have lots of nemesia in flower at the moment.Divine. .

freebutterflies, Oct 29, 6:35am
Sweet peas

minfo, Oct 29, 6:42am
Lavendar

dibble35, Oct 29, 6:50am
Port wine magnolias and freesia, both bring back lovely childhood memories of my nanna and poppas garden

hare1, Oct 29, 6:59am
Roses, Honeysuckle,Lily of the Valley.Violets.Lilacs.A lovely night so have been out dead heading. Very warm tonight bringing out all the lovely perfumes.

pandaeye, Oct 29, 7:14am
rhododendron fragrantissimum.

wotz_it_2_ya, Oct 29, 7:21am
I think its the pitttosporums, in Sept / Oct. Love it

antoniab, Oct 29, 7:35am
Freesias, citrus, daphne, violets, old fashioned roses, stock

purplegoanna, Oct 29, 7:42am
honey suckle, lavender, old fashined feesias, daffidols, jonquils, and the pink clematis that smells like freshly baked short bread.but most of all im addicted tothe fresh smell of lemon grass.

razell, Oct 29, 7:48am
Princess Alice rhododendron

gardie, Oct 29, 5:11pm
No one has mentioned Queen of the night, (Cestrum nocturnum).I just love the smell which wafts around in the evenings, coming into the house.When I went googling to find the botanical name I saw that it was on a 'pest list' which surprised me immensely.I keep mine cut back mind you as its quite close to a window.
My port wine magnolia is also pretty special when it flowers.Sadly we planted this close to the house (I'd only seen really little ones!) so are always trimming it back too.Limits the flowering somewhat but at least we can smell it inside!

tattoojules, Oct 29, 8:54pm
At the moment it's my wisteria around the door, the bees love it and the faint scent wafts all through the house.Later on it's the flax flowers, they have a wonderful almost amber smell.

koru67, Oct 29, 9:46pm
port wine magnolia (reminds me of juicy fruit chewing gum) and frangipani, just lovely.

annies3, Oct 29, 10:51pm
This is a lovely thread,
Ijust love the perfume from my winter flowering camelia (Sasanqua sp) it has divine double white flowers and heavenly perfume I dont know its name as I bought it at a nursery closing down sale about 10 years ago and it wasnt named,
Strangely maybe, I love the perfume from the gorse and broom flowering just now, also the wild trees with masses of white flowers, on the sides of the roads, name escapes me at the moment.

carlosjackal, Oct 29, 11:53pm
Gardenia and our white Wisteria (can't remember the name of it). Also I love the fragrance of Jasmine and Fresias.

carlosjackal, Oct 29, 11:54pm
Ooooh yes! Especially the Chocolate Boronia!