Weed wand

brightlights60, Dec 4, 1:44am
x1
Just been googling them. Can you actually buy them here! Sure I saw one of those TV ads for one. Google brings up a cool one, but its in the US and in US $$. Looks exactly like what I need.

bugin, Dec 4, 1:48am
x1
Do you want me to list mine !It is a PVC "hockey stick"type with a rope wick on the end.$55+$10 p+p

brightlights60, Dec 4, 1:53am
What brand is it bugin!

brightlights60, Dec 4, 1:56am
Actually, with the exchange rate, its $50 NZ delivered, which isn't too bad!

auburn4, Dec 4, 2:19am
I have a Yates Zero weed wand brush. it's a straight stick with a brush at the bottom. Fill the stick and off you go. works really well for edges and around structures and awkward places. Check garden centres or large hardware stores.

bugin, Dec 4, 5:27am
I think it is Winstone brand

hanmer, Dec 4, 9:40am
i just sold one abt a month ago.the postage was $13 auck-invercargill.
it's a green plastic tube with a curled-up wick one end and a bottle attached to the other end.524106268

speeedy1, Dec 4, 10:14am
A brush or cloth on a stick and a bucket of your poison will work as well. Less waste too.

brightlights60, Dec 5, 8:57am
x1
I got one just out of Christchurch today on a road trip. Yates. Has the brush at the end. Love this message board. Went to the Warehouse and compared the prices of the Yates, Westminster and the Just Weeds brands of week killer. Each one has exactly the same ingredients. Get this. Roundup is $63.95 for 1 litre. The Just Weeds has exactly the same ingredients, 1 Litre was $15. And to think I have been buying Roundup since it first came out over 25 years ago! Same with the aphid killer for the roses, Westminster brand came up best. Have tried all the home made remedies but ours are stubborn little buggas. Now if my wife walks in with one of those wands from a garage sale there will be some words!

porthills, Dec 5, 6:26pm
You can sometmes get it as low as $10. Theres quite a few different glyphosphate 360's and all are far cheaper than roundup. Do you mind if I ask how much the yates thing with the brush on the end was!

eljayv, Dec 5, 9:07pm
I have the original form of this idea in my garage, and never use it.It has a sort of wick I think that the weed killer soaks down onto and you just touch the spot you want to destroy.

enpointe, Dec 4, 9:17pm
You can buy the Yates zero brush wand at Bunnings.