Washing machine not spinning

sue62, Jan 18, 7:19am
YEAH.
Thanks again for all the help.
The washing machine is now working,
We removed the drain pump ( which looked clean) and checked the drain hose (which did not appear to be blocked).
However when the machine was put back together it worked beautifully.

pamow69, Jan 18, 8:41am
The screeching sound was probably the drain pump bearing getting dry. It would also stop it draining properly. No drain then no spin, it has to be empty before spin will start. Take pump out again & put some crc or thin oil on the bearing if the noise comes back.

ceebee2, Jan 19, 1:41am
My F & P machine did a similar thing to yours and I replaced the water pump. You can buy them direct from F & P for about $80.00 and fit it yourself without having to get a Sparky. Took me about 5 min to swap it.

taurus61, Jan 19, 2:04am
Smart drive do not have a gearbox or belt.

purplegoanna, Jan 20, 11:13am
i (yes a female) removed the gearbox in mine a nd replaced it with another second hand one. years ago but still to this day im completely chuffed withmyself.

sue62, Jan 17, 7:33am
F&P Smart drive 9 Excellence 6.5
We have had this machine for quite a while.
It started with a loud screeching noise when spinning. Now it wont spin at all.
Is there anything we could check ourselves before calling in the repair man or replacing the machine?
Thank you

tmenz, Jan 17, 8:08am
Does it agitate?
Can you spin the bowl by hand, with the power switched off at the wall - it should spin freely.

gabbysnana, Jan 17, 8:14am
the gearbox is stuffed or belt come off.

trade4us2, Jan 17, 8:22am
The old F&P machines used to get gummed up with soap scum, in which case do a hot wash to clear out all the soap.
That's cheaper and easier than all the other suggestions you will get.

melford, Jan 17, 8:27am
sue62 - type into google "F&P Smart drive 9 Excellence 6.5 wont spin" and the way to fix it is there.

sue62, Jan 17, 8:32am
Thanks for the suggestions

trade4us2, Jan 17, 8:49am
No results found for "F&P Smart drive 9 Excellence 6.5 wont spin".

sue62, Jan 17, 8:50am
Yes it does agitate

melford, Mar 25, 4:01pm