Backpack style weed sprayer

dabo, Nov 22, 3:58am
Hi
Not really very romantic but my husband wants one of these for Christmas. We have a large property - It would be used for spraying drives, fruit trees, lawns , under trees etc. I was wondering if they ever came with 2 tanks so that the spray contents didn't contaminate. I also see that there are ones with rechargeable batteries. Does anyone have any opinions or knowledge about what I should be looking for/ many thanks

nicc4, Nov 22, 4:07am
Cant go too far wrong with Solo. I prefer the 475 diaphragm model which will last longer than the 425 piston style.

golfdiver, Nov 22, 4:15am
This ^^^

portly, Nov 24, 9:38am
Go Solo
I have one for toxic sprays : weed killers, moss\cleaners (Cheap 425 piston)
and one for Insecticides and fungicides (475 diaphragm)
Nothing wrong with a practical gift, better then dust collectors and food, especially if that`s what he wants.

tintop, Nov 24, 7:31pm
Solo or Swiss me.
Avoid the square piston ones such as McGregor.

wasgonna, Nov 24, 8:55pm
Solo.

Avoid McGregor like the plague.

rojill, Nov 25, 3:59am
Also avoid the $59 one from Bunnings. They leak around the filler screw cap and your shoulders and arm get soaked. I dumped one I bought - it was next to useless.

purplemurtle, Nov 26, 9:29am
Solo's are great

mrfxit, Nov 26, 9:54am
Used my McGregor backpack for 4 years on a bad gorse land block & around home.
Never had any real problems with it, still got it here & use it around home but gave up the land a couple of years ago.
BUT, the nozzles are only really suitable for wide area spraying.
Got mine from Bunnings for about $50.

As per comment above about leaking lids, had to tidy up the castings on the lip with a file & its been good ever since.
Hey it's really cheap so not unexpected for the odd minor easily corrected faults.

Tho, yes, the Solo units are far better but do cost a lot more

blans, Nov 27, 2:45am
Go for Solo,you wont regret the extra $s

gamefisher, Nov 27, 6:49am
Solo 475

mustu, Nov 27, 9:08am
Solo! You can get the spare parts if you need them.

alfred011, Jul 17, 11:03pm
Buy a solo 475 from farmlands far cheaper than mitre 10 what ever you do don't but the cheap crap blue domestic model they are rubbish ,make sure sprayer is flushed with fresh water after use and leave 50 mmm of water in it to keep the rubber parts wet and don't leave sprayer with chlorine based chemicals in tank for long periods as it will eat through the diaphragm in a week.I repair these knapsacks for rural supply companies biggest problems caused by dirty water and the red marker dye,if you have to use dye mix it in a separate bottle and add it last after the chemical and water .