Grapefruit tree looking sad.

irenew, Oct 21, 8:36am
About 6 years ago I planted a grapefruit tree, and up to now it has flowered yearly and had a lovely crop (though never enough for a grapefruit lover like me!). This year the tree has been looking quite bare, and although there is still a crop there is no new blossom and the foliage seems quite sparse. I always give it an occasional feed with Epsom salts, which has been fine up to now. Any suggestions?

jills3, Oct 21, 9:30am
maybe it needs citrus fertiliser.

cantabman1, Oct 21, 5:57pm
Or you could try Ebbs n Salts.

lythande1, Oct 21, 6:22pm
Epsom Salts is only useful if there is a magnesium deficiency.
Check it - it is dry? Has it got bugs? Establish the problem first.

grouch, Oct 21, 6:23pm
No give it a good feed of Seasol or even Dynamic Lifter which has Seasol, Blood and Bone etc in it. My lemon tree was like this as well and the leaves were yellowing so I have given it a good feed and do it regularly and it has bounced back. They are gross feeders. Epsom Salts is not enough.

cleggyboy, Oct 21, 7:41pm
Watch out for borer, look for any wood dust around the branches, it may have borer and it has not got into the centre of the branches yet.
If you find any, get a piece of wire and push it into the hole to spear the blighters.

irenew, Oct 22, 8:24am
I've got liquid blood and bone that I dilute with water. Would this be suitable?

irenew, Oct 22, 8:25am
Very funny. I'll give it a try :)

irenew, Aug 20, 3:14am
Thanks for this. I hope it's not borer. I've only had the tree about 6 or 7 years. Does it need to be copper wire you push into the hole?