Bamboo flooring

quiz3, Apr 20, 9:49am
Has anyone layed this type of flooring and what do you think of the result. Any good for a bathroom. Thanks.

missymoo1000, Apr 20, 9:02pm
We had it in our living room at the last place we built. It was easy to clean and looked good. However, it wasnt as hard wearing as we were hoping and scratched very easily.

jan2242, Apr 20, 10:45pm
I was tempted to do this in my kitchen but my builder advised against as it doesn't last.

mikew, Apr 20, 11:24pm
We have Ecodure bamboo flooring waiting to go down in our entrance way dining room ,kitchen and laundry. Looking forward to having it down.

You are able to sand this type back should the need arise.

mikew, Apr 20, 11:28pm
Our son and DIL have recently replaced tiles in their home and they look like bamboo flooring. They are long fairly large tiles and look very neat and tidy.

siobhan41, Apr 21, 12:03am
I can tell you that out kitchen floor and water wasn't a good mix and was an is insurance job.
They couldn't match the floor and the water made a few boards warp very quickly.
Can't imagine most of these flooring working well in a wet area.

tahnasha, Apr 21, 12:47am
Bamboo flooring can be problematic at the best of times, it dislikes any kind of moisture and I wouldn't put it in a wet area.

siobhan41, Apr 21, 1:08am
And it dents very easily.

daisygirl, Apr 21, 1:21am
and it warps!

antoniab, Apr 21, 6:47am
My parents have it in the living, dining and their bedroom. Has been down about 6 years, still looks good, they did have to put felt 'feet' on all the furniture though as it can scratch. Apart from that it's fine as they don't wear shoes inside and the dogs aren't allowed in so it doesn't get scratched.

cagivachick1, Apr 21, 7:50am
i wouldnt put it in a wet area

siobhan41, Apr 21, 8:26am
We took the insurance payout and tiled at least it won't dent or scratch and can handle some water.
Was actually cheaper even with underfloor heating.

tigra, Apr 28, 11:31pm
Only if it is laid over a concrete slab that still has moisture in it

urbanrefugee54, Jan 22, 12:42am
was it bamboo flooring that was on fairgo a while back?