Laminate Flooring in Kitchen

gsdz4me, Feb 23, 3:02pm
Who has had laminate flooring put in their kitchen. What was your experience , thoughts of this type of flooring?

brouser3, Feb 23, 3:55pm
It does need to be kept dry - as just like melamine, if moisture gets between the outer surface and the composite internal layer swelling and bulging will occur. No wet mops like you can with lino or tiles. The edges and any join are areas of weakness for moisture to invade. Also from my experience dark colours look great - but one walk across in socks and the dark gleaming surface is gone where the socks touched them.

gsdz4me, Feb 23, 6:01pm
Has anyone used Novacor click?

martin11, Feb 23, 7:25pm
Scratches very easily .

wine-o-clock, Feb 23, 7:39pm
cant use steam mops

dinx, Aug 12, 8:16pm
I'm curious if anyone has actually used the Hanwood products bunnings have?

I've been looking the hybrid range, they do the usual wood look ones but there is also a granite stone look hybrid that clicks together that I thought was, really interesting. It's supposed to be totally waterproof but not a gluedown like other waterproofs. Also has a foam underlay backing attached so in theory it doesn't need a roll underneath.

I know it's not actual stone but vinyl but the install method appeals for budget DIY to get the look of big grey tiles and I could use in bathroom and kitchen.