Laminate flooring

veebee3, Dec 7, 4:15am
Does anyone have laminate flooring and what did they use as a transition between eg carpet and laminate! I have been looking everywhere for what is called a T-bar threshold, it matches the laminate and creates a nice transition. It screws down into the subfloor while leaving the laminate floating. Anyone know of this product!

gabbysnana, Dec 7, 4:39am
bunnings, mitre 10 and any flooring shop

tahnasha, Dec 7, 6:02am
Don't forget an expansion gap around the perimeter, NZ houses get very humid.

tigra, Dec 7, 8:43am
Thats a very generalised statement and probably quite wrong.

tahnasha, Dec 7, 9:27am
Well considering there is alot of substandard housing around, not very well insulated and badly heated, not really that much of a generalisation.Anyway, regardless of what his house is like, I'm just saying he should have expansion gaps.

veebee3, Dec 7, 6:25pm
I have expansion gaps all round the room, and they are hidden behind the scotia which is nailed only to the wall as per instructions. It is the threshold T Bar I am trying to locate, have tried Bunnings, Mitre 10, and several other places with no luck. It seems weird to me that New Zealand would import this flooring but not other stuff that goes with it. There are also repair kits for laminate flooring, acrylic fillers that can mask small chips and scratches, available in places like UK and USA, but not here. Over here they just tell you that you need to replace the entire board. Just another way of making more money do you think! Or is it NZ just doing a half cock job at trying to keep up with the joneses!

tahnasha, Dec 7, 5:11pm
veebee3, if you give me some details of your flooring, I can see if I can locate some for you here in Oz.Is the threshold level, or does it step down!What colour is your laminate so to match!Tell me the brand, I'm sure they'll have it here in Oz.I have lots of flooring contacts here.