Are there any easy fixes for peeling laminate?

aqua11, Apr 23, 10:32am
Hi, I have a bookcase (a cheap one from the warehouse made of dark coloured laminate or veneer), its all in good condition except the top shelf has started peeling on the front edges. It looks ghastly - is there any quick fixes - I don't have the funds to do anything major to it, and likely it wouldn't be worth the money.Really appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

m99, Apr 23, 1:40pm
Glue !

carter19, Apr 23, 6:59pm
Have you tried ironing it! Put a teatowel over it and iron away.

hammer23, Apr 23, 8:04pm
should work,heat melts the glue and you iron it back.

tigra, Apr 24, 12:56am
You can buy some strong aerosol adhesives these days - they create a smooth thin adhesive base and work quickly. You used to be able to buy stick on laminate strips but of course getting a match might be dificult if its an out of fashion colour.

aqua11, Apr 24, 3:01am
Thanks, but its not just a piece, it sorts of disintegrates/chips off the edges, people who have these cheap veneer furniture will know what I mean. So it isn't just gluing a strip down.I don't know why they can't make them better, I've been careful with it.Hmm maybe stick on strips could work, would a hardware shop have them!

zak410, Apr 24, 3:31am
Yes, place like Bunnings may sell some but if you're only after a meter or so just take a sample to some kitchen manufacturers, they may have a match for it.

anne1955, May 14, 4:11am
I was just about to say use iron, I have been using one as a stripping gun for glued on faom back carpet backing removal.Works a treat better than the Red Shed one I brought and took back after less than 3 uses as it's swtich played up.
I'm with the person say go to Bunnings. And I guess is depends on who you get.But today I feel I could start a Bunnings fan club.I got two guys that like me thought outsdie the square and didn't think I was a silly feamle.
And instead of spending over 200 my costs for what I want to do are less than 60.00 Love them.Go with a piece and ask.