Anyone painted a laminate bench top before?

dyln.sampson, Feb 14, 6:57pm
have you painted a bench top before? how did it look? What products did you use? Should I paint or replace? Existing bench is in very good condition just dont like the colour.

anchored, Feb 14, 7:42pm
I haven't but a builder mate was trying to talk us into doing so. He did it he said, with good results.There is a product from Bunnings he reasons works really well.

trade4us2, Feb 14, 8:42pm
I was wondering about putting large tiles on the benchtop.

kateley, Feb 14, 8:52pm
On an episode of Better Homes and Gardens, they redid a benchtop with a special 3 part process that (apparently) left it looking like a granite one and was guaranteed to be durable. they got the product from Bunnings

articferrit, Feb 14, 8:56pm
I had a panel beater mate spray paint a kitchen bench for me and I also set 4 tiles into the bench top so I wouldnt be tempted to put hot pots on the bench. The paint job lasted 2 years, and was still fine when I saw the house advertised again a few years later. I think resene sells something which would do the job as well.

monsieurl, Feb 15, 1:08pm
I did this on my rental a few years ago after giving the kitchen a paint and the old brown one not really matching, I used some black White knight rust guard epoxy paint i had left over and painted them with 3 coats, it set as smooth as glass, after 2 years and 2 lots of students it's still near as good as it was when i did it.

dyln.sampson, Feb 15, 4:54pm
I want a white bench top. Should I use that white night stuff?

colin433, Feb 15, 7:19pm
We did the complete bathroom, walls, vanity etc. (not the bath)
Using a Zinzer product that was guaranteed to go over anything, and anything could go over it.
They'd done the bathroom on the cheap, using two different colours of wallboard (whatever they'd used) One was smooth, the other was textured, It was a bit messy. I painted all the walls with this white product, then went over with a colour that suited me.
Five years later when we sold, the surface was still perfect, although the texture showed through it you looked hard enough.
We bought it from Guthrie Bowrons,

hammerman1, Feb 16, 8:23am
Yep, done it with great result. Used Resene's Smooth Surface Sealer then whatever color desired.

inatiz, Dec 23, 6:14pm
The people who resurface baths do benchtops. Possibly pictures on their websjtes.