Has anyone painted the entire interior of their

Page 1 / 2
flyingpencil, Mar 3, 7:34am
Did everyone paint their ceilings the same shade of white as the walls!And what about skirtings and window frames!I am wanting to go down the white path (or off-white)as the house is quite small & I have a lot of rimu.Anyone else have a lot of wood!

firefly001, Mar 3, 9:39am
After I read this we did ours quarter tea on everything (and my hubby wasn't convinced but no cutting in sounded great!).The walls do seem a slighter darker colour to the ceiling.

stella40, Mar 3, 12:21pm
Resene Double Alabaster is good with Rimu but have you considered a deep warm grey!It looks absolutely amazing with Rimu and really warm.

flyingpencil, Mar 4, 5:41am
No, but I'll check it out.I've never re-decorated a house, so unsure of colour schemes.Just know I don't really like the light yellow that it is now.

qugene, Dec 8, 10:59am
home white!
Walls, ceilings, doors, window frames, skirtings, architraves, just the entire inside of the house white, lounge, kitchen, bedrooms, hallways.
Did it work !

zak410, Dec 8, 11:05am
No, not me, Too 'sterile'

payntr, Dec 8, 11:44am
yes,a 2 storey beach house at Lang's Beach.Downstairs area was a light grey tile,stairwell and all upstairs area polished Matai floor's,looked great.Brilliant reflection with the grey and matai floor.

laurenlee, Dec 8, 5:22pm
It can look stunning.I love payntr's description of beach house!It will havedramatic and clean lines background,and you can use your imaginationfor floor coverings,curtains,pictures,fu-
rniture etc .

lilyfield, Dec 8, 8:38pm
Yes
I have, but rather a off-white.
Its very much the trend in Europe and it does not lok sterile, a lovely background for your pictures, its a light and airy feeling.
My new house is painted also one colour, a bit creamy, but previous owner left the ceiling white.

Painting is so much quicker too, as no cutting in required.

qugene, Dec 8, 8:54pm
I'm convinced, painting starts next weekend.I may even do before and after photos!

kaddiew, Dec 8, 8:59pm
Yes, an off white that to me looks just white. More than once. Love it. Not sterile at all when you add in coloured furniture, curtains, cushions, rugs, art work etc. In fact with all that colour why would I also want coloured walls!

budgel, Dec 8, 9:21pm
It will be easy to overpaint if you dont like it.

white_elephant, Dec 8, 9:29pm
I have painted my interior white (resene 1/4 pearl lustre) I have a concrete floor. I have put lots of colour around with art and bright painted furniture. Strange thing whenever I go to someones house with bright coloured walls I come home finding my place insipid. It will be interesting to see how long the white lasts, its a very big area to re paint though. lol

helen_nz2, Dec 8, 9:31pm
yes, love it. When you add furnishing they stand out, little splashes of colour everywhere. It doesn't look sterile.

payntr, Dec 8, 10:32pm
check out the Resene colour (Black White)we used this colour insde a villa,look's great with all their paintings and furnishings.

duffpot, Dec 8, 11:32pm
We used a colour called Alabaster. Did the doors and architraves in semi gloss, same colour. Very big house and it came up great. Then furnished with paintings, red lounge suite etc - looks great with stainless steel also. eveyone is different of course but we are very pleased.

pig-gal, Dec 8, 11:36pm
Done our bathroom & hall in Resene White Pointer top to bottom, very pleased with it.

midsta, Dec 10, 8:34am
We have wallpapered alot of our bungalow in white and painted ceilings in Black/white. I like it. In the evening with lights on it looks warm, in the day cool

pskpinks, Dec 10, 9:35am
One of the benefits of White [real white] is that it changes according to the quality of light - natural and artificial- and in rooms that face south [cool/ grey] east [clear/greenish] west [soft yellow/red] and north [often a blue/green or grey/green] during the day.As has been said by previous people it enhances all other colours and is highly reflective- but you may need to wear sunglasses inside.

maandpa2b, Dec 10, 9:42pm
Yes to the sunglasses.My aunt has done this and it's very hard on our eyes.She has a basket of sunglasses for people to wear.

samanya, Dec 12, 3:31am
I bought a home with the most disgusting colours throughout & had to make a hasty decision when the painter was able to come immediately (rare in our earthquake region) I opted for 1/2 black white throughout & same colour curtains & absolutely no regrets.
I love how I can change artwork & other colour accents around plus I have large windows & a large garden.so that's all part of the colour thing.

nauru, Dec 12, 8:55am
I agree. it doesn't (as I expected it might) look sterile, the rooms that we have redecorated,are white this time around, and we like the result.You just bring colour in with your floor covering and soft furnishings.

thejewellerybox, Dec 12, 7:40pm
yes, love it!Really lets your accessories and artwork shine!

mkr_ahearn, Dec 12, 8:58pm
We did a slightly off white might have been called morrinsville so that we wouldnt have the reflective problem.Works really well, you can add colour then in many ways.If youve been into one of the revamped Farmers stores youll see what a glare is with all the white white and lights they have.

jenny188, Dec 12, 9:15pm
Try just a touch of blue in the paint as it gives it an "ice" effect, or at my sisters place all the ceilings have a slight pinkish hue to them.