Getting a shine on vinyl flooring

daleaway, Aug 27, 4:48am
I'd like to know what product people use to polish vinyl flooring.

Years ago there was an all-in-one (wash and shine) product called Dual. Is there anything like it around now!

harrislucinda, Aug 27, 4:59am
iguessthenewvinylshaveabuiltinshine
asoursisonly afewweeksoldiwastoldjustwashwithamilddishwash
irememberthatitalwaysleft abuildupin wax

daleaway, Aug 27, 5:05am
Detergents take the shine off them.

laurenlee, Aug 27, 5:08am
I have only ever used hot water-the vinyl is about 4 years old-no detergent,and it is still shiny as new.

impressions, Aug 27, 5:23am
Klear is the new Dual.

floweringrose, Aug 27, 5:53am
they stopped making that

daleaway, Aug 27, 5:54am
Google tells me that Klear was discontinued last year and is now apparently replaced by Pledge Multi-Surface Wax in the UK - but that product does not seem to be sold in New Zealand.

impressions, Aug 27, 8:44am
I purchased Klear recently from Pak 'n' Save.

tigra, Aug 27, 9:50pm
Johnsons used to have a mop on vinyl polish. Most cleaning materials wholesalers would probably stock it.

budgel, Aug 27, 11:11pm
x1
Try some car polish.It buffs up well and is durable.

singing1, Aug 28, 12:16pm
go to a commercial cleaners supply company.they have really hard wearing products made for the job.I used Vectra (a liquid mopped onto the floor) in a hospital where I once worked. It was fantastic and only had to over it every 6 to 10 months

iamashopaholic, Nov 19, 6:51am
When we got Karndean flooring done we used a product called Shield Sealer which now I think has been replaced by Dim Glow floor protectorwhich you can get in Matt or Gloss http://essentialfloors.co.nz/pdf/Karndean%20vinyl%20cleaning
%20&%20maintenance.pdf I suppose any flooring shop that stocks Karndean would have it.

pgta, Nov 19, 6:58am
I don't understand the need to have it shiny.

lythande1, Nov 19, 6:36pm
That Klear stuff isn't good, it's a coating. Just clean it, if you really want gloss, change the flooring.

elect70, Nov 20, 4:29am
I used klearon my new flloor as the bloody dogs wont learn to wipe their feeton themat before comming inside . A quick wipe withsponge mop was all needed toclean floor .

aloha3, Nov 10, 5:40am
Small amount of fabric softener in the final rinse. Not too much as it can be slippery.