Meyer lemon tree about 40cm high

nitpnz, Jan 9, 3:08am
Young tree planted in large pot this season.Seemed to be doing OK but over the last few days I see changes in the leaf colour:I had given it a wee bit of Burnets Gold fruit and citrus food round it's drip line a week or so before.

The veins are green but there is yellowing of the rest of the leaf.

Any suggestions?

harrislucinda, Jan 9, 3:34am
soyouhaveadded2kindsoffertilizerAndhaveyouputmulcharoundbase
thisyearIhavedecidedtoputonein alargepotafterlosing2from thecoldandsnowitisdoingwellplentyofflowersandnewgrowthIhaveputsheeppelltesaroundbaseandgrassclippings
better thanwhatmyothertreesdidnowthiswinterirwillbebroughtintotheporch

nitpnz, Jan 9, 5:57am
Just the one fertiliser,Bobcat,the "Burnets Gold friuit and citrus food."

I have the feeling it does need real manure IOW sheep poo.
Wondering about epson salts.The leaves veins are green,the rest of the leaf going yellowish. That must indicate some deficiency.Maybe I go Google
:-(

harrislucinda, Jan 9, 6:01am
ohsofertilizealloneneverheardof
yescantryEpsomsalts

maclad, Jan 9, 6:15am
Sounds like Magnesium deficiency so a wee bit of epsom salts should help a lot. Both base dress the plant and mix about a tablespoon in 10 litres of water and use as a foliar feed.Nitrogen deficiency leave veins yellow but between the veins is green.

nitpnz, Jan 9, 6:35am
ok, tyvm mac lad

stellabellatm, Jan 11, 7:09am
Is the fert you are using a powder? For potted plants you should only ever uses slow release or liquid ferts,you can over fertilise plants, and if you are going to use epsom salts only do it once.

brightlights60, Jan 12, 12:59am
Have had this problem too. The Epsom salts solved it for a little while. Did a bit of googling, apparently the old wive's tale of peeing on the lemon tree is true, I think its the nitrogen, but if the person doing the peeing is taking a multi vitimen it works absolutely wonders on your lemon tree.As they tend to be quite gross feeders I am topping up my pots with fresh compost, with lots of unsprayed lawn clippings mixed in as a nitrogen top up, as well as a citrus based food.

bluefrog2, Jun 6, 7:48pm
Young lemon trees grow fast this time of the year.Keep fertilising with a good citrus fertiliser that includes micro-nutrients, minerals etc.A little bit, often is best - for example a liquid fertiliser once a week or so would be ideal if you have that.