LEMON WITH CURLED LEAVES?

beebb3, Dec 3, 3:34am
Any advice please in regards to a lemon tree that has ample water, planted in a northerly direction, out of strong winds, been fertilized, approx. 1 metre high, has fruited well etc. and just lately lots of the leaves especially the new growth, have just started curling up? as tho its trying to protect itself? Leaves aren't burnt in anyway ,It really doesn't want for a thing, would appreciate any thoughts, many thanks.

les6, Dec 3, 4:50am
check for aphids underneath?

maclad, Dec 3, 4:51am
You may well find it is an insect attack, possibly aphis under the leaves or more likely pysillids, they will be hard to find for the novice, small colourless bugs hiding in the indentations under the leaf. A good spray of oil with, if you choose, an insecticide added will help.

beebb3, Dec 6, 9:29am
Had a good look and could literally only see one aphid! looked at lots of leaves too. But, did spot some scale lower down on the trunk, so will get the conqueror oil onto them, as presume they won't be helping.

fhpottery, Dec 7, 4:51am
Spiders do it to mine, and naughty caterpillers. Go out at night with a torch.

fhpottery, Dec 7, 4:52am
Also the funny weather we get distorted leaves. Ive given up on citrus her by the beach. Funny thing is my tamarillos are thriving.

pericles, Dec 11, 12:25am
lack of water ?

samanya, Dec 11, 12:37am
That would be my guess, as well.

lythande1, Dec 11, 6:32pm
Bugs, probably scale or similar.
Check under the leaves.
Sap-sucking pests like aphids, mites and psyllids feed on citrus leaves by extracting the juices directly from transport tissues.

As populations grow, they can cause deformations including curling and cupping in leaves, as well as discoloration. When you notice your citrus leaves are curling, check their undersides carefully for tiny pests feeding in clusters.

New growth (once the bugs are gone) will be fine.

whitehead., Dec 13, 9:22am
lemons need a lot of water .

wenpen, Jul 8, 1:59am
Cold!