What Eats Tree Leaves?

trademeandme, Dec 11, 1:11am
Just wondering what eats the leaves as sometimes half a leaf disappears by being eaten and we want to know what is eating them please! earwigs!
Thank you for your input.

trademeandme, Dec 11, 1:12am
sorry I meant lemon trees.

lindylambchops1, Dec 11, 3:09am
If it was bamboo I would have said Pandas!

wheelz, Dec 11, 4:01am
Koalas !

wheelz, Dec 11, 4:03am
No.seriously. What type of tree! The damn brown beetle is on the wing and feeds off most leaves around. Ha. Just read back.citrus, could be brown beetle or weevil, both out and about now. Very much doubt it would be earwigs, citrus not in their diet, they are more like using it as a hidey place.

antoniab, Dec 11, 5:02am

robke, Dec 11, 7:30pm
Giraffes eat the high ones

wheelz, Dec 11, 9:14pm
No.the brown vegetable weevil.

steptoesnr, Dec 11, 10:15pm
Go out after dark and you may find bronze/brown beetles flying, mating and eating leaves all simultaneously. They burrow into the dirt and hide during the day. Because they they only stay sporadically their leaf damage is rarely serious enough to warrant control.

kaliyuga, Dec 12, 11:36pm
young katydids sometimes eat leaves

mokaumoi, Dec 13, 12:06am
yep=-brown beetles- grass grub beetles. Sods of things. Completely stripped daughters plumtree last year, not a leaf left. I went out after dark to find 100s of them on the tree.

elliehen, Dec 13, 12:12am
I've got a colony of wetas who munch through Coprosma leaves every night.

i_wilde, Dec 15, 7:09am
Fire

mike844, Dec 15, 7:13am
Might be a possum they eat the fruit so why not the leaf

majoba, Dec 16, 2:21am
and deer eat the low ones.

kaliyuga, Dec 16, 10:37am
look for some leaves stuck together, could be leaf roller caterpillars

pestri, Dec 17, 6:31am
Koala bears!

maandpa2b, Dec 19, 8:05am
Koala's are not bears (on behalf of all the Ozzies)

guest, May 31, 9:00pm
I love the middle photo bsuacee it's very close to my heart! It's from a display suite designed by The Cross in Vancouver, where I worked until very recently! I bought a few of the Designers Guild Capucheen pillows (the one in the middle) to replicate this bed! Beautiful choice!

guest, May 21, 3:54am
46oOtY cxicnxgvilnh