Removing part of a metal roof

tezw1, Mar 22, 8:48pm
Hi, I need to remove several sheets of concealed fixed roofing (similar to Dimond deck 400), do some work underneath and then relay the orginal sheets. The sheets are around 7m long from ridge to gutter. The sheets I need to remove are in the middle of the roof, so removing all the sheets from the end is not ideal. Roof is to be repainted after I've finished.
Has anyone got any hints or tips to remove these without damaging them too much!

s.patete, Mar 23, 12:40am
Try and pop 2 or 3 sheets up on the clips, then try and ply 2 apart, you may need to slide one sheet out otherwise the damage might be too bad to put back.You could just buy 1 sheet then you could be as rough as you need to seperate them.

emz24, Mar 23, 7:16am
I would reccommend removing the ridge then the iron will come out easier. But apart from that, cuse a couple of hammers to pop the iron up from under the brackets.

tezw1, Mar 23, 9:40pm
Hi thanks for your help. Looks like a case of set up a scafold on Monday and see what happens.

thedoth, Mar 25, 12:05pm
Use an angle grinder and just cut a hole out. Put the piece back and the seal around the edge with tape and a heap of sealant.

tezw1, Apr 29, 6:10pm
Managed to unstich a sheet joint with a dogu bar and a hammer. Took ridge flashing off as suggested above and got a sheet off. Went back together ok. Only have to do it another 8 times as we pour the columns, so should have it down pat by the end.