What kind of tree?

stevee6, Mar 23, 10:26pm
Deciduous by the look and one of those that has branch clusters. Poplar variety! If there are any of the leaves around that would help.

joaopnz, Mar 23, 10:31pm
Yes. There are a few leaves. I am going back to get a few other rings and will but a picture of it.

Thank you!

malone4, Mar 23, 11:13pm
x1
I might be able to help you out with identifying that tree you have there. From your description, it sounds like it's a deciduous tree with branch clusters, and you think it might be a poplar variety. If you can find some leaves from the tree, that would definitely help with the identification process.

Now, let's talk a little bit about poplar trees. Poplars are a popular tree species, with many different varieties. Some common types of poplars include the Eastern cottonwood, the balsam poplar, and the Lombardy poplar.

Poplar trees are known for their rapid growth and tall stature, with some varieties reaching up to 100 feet tall! They are also popular for their shade-giving properties and are often planted as ornamental trees in urban areas.

When it comes to identifying your tree, there are a few things to look for. Poplar leaves are typically a dark green color and are triangular in shape with serrated edges. The leaves are also smooth to the touch and can grow up to 6 inches long. If you can find any leaves from your tree, take a close look at them and compare them to pictures of different types of poplar leaves online.

Another thing to consider is the bark of the tree. Poplar bark is typically smooth and grayish-green in color, with horizontal ridges or lines running down the trunk. Again, compare the bark of your tree to pictures of different types of poplar trees to see if you can find a match.

If you're still having trouble identifying your tree, you might want to consider reaching out to a local arborist or tree expert. They will be able to take a closer look at your tree and help you identify it.

I hope this helps you with identifying your tree!

joaopnz, Mar 24, 2:45am
Hi malone4. I could be. I tough Eucalyptus would have quite a strong smell to it, which is not the case with this tree. It would be nice if it is.

Thank you

ambo11, Mar 24, 3:28am
That looks identical to a dead tree I recently dropped, was it really hard cutting, a dense, heavy timber with a distinct yellowish colour! Be keen to see what it is.I reckon it will be damned good firewood.

pretinha, Mar 24, 3:37am
Hi mate. Not sure. I did not chopped the tree myself. But sure is heavy, but no sure if its because is wet.

maclad, Mar 24, 5:34am
It maybe one of the Eugenia family

quanto64, Mar 24, 6:35am
To me the leaves look very much like acmena. Do you know if they had clusters of white berries in late autumn to winter.if so it is acmena.

kp11, Mar 24, 6:47am
Looks like a Monkey Apple to me - i cut 6 big ones down last year.Theyre sprouting again already.

aeromo, Mar 24, 6:50am
Agree. Lilly Pilly.Just cut a whole lot down. Hope they sprout

joaopnz, Mar 24, 7:03am
x1
is it any good to burn!

joaopnz, Mar 28, 9:27am
is it any good to burn! Does anyone knows!

zak410, Mar 28, 9:05pm
for sure when dry, split it to speed-up the drying, hard wood can take a year per inch, more heat / cleaner burning when fully dry.

hanmer, Mar 30, 5:56am
leaves look very acmena - monkey apple.burn quite warm.

lindylambchops1, Mar 30, 6:23am
OMG!that was a MONEY TREE!

kp11, May 3, 10:09am
Yes it burns slow & hot - but if you need to split it, do it now - otherwise its hard as hell once its dry.