Have I ceased my New weed eater?

hairchopper1, Feb 18, 4:24am
Ive used the first tank my Hubby put in it & then I accidentally put the lawn mower petrol in it, Hubby told me after using it for ten minutes, to empty it & put the Right stuff in, I did that & used it again, no problems, today I went to start it & the pull cord is hard for me to pull, it jerks as I pull it, Have I ceased it! Hubby wont be too impressed with me.

mottly, Feb 18, 5:25am
should be fine, perhaps the spark plug is sooted up.I often use the outboard (2 stroke) fuel in our 4stroke lawnmower, just smokes a little, but no worries.

supernova2, Feb 18, 5:30am
Sorry but it wont have done it any good.There is no problem with 2 stroke in a 4 stroke but there is a big problem the other way around.

Having said that though if it ran fine the other day it sounds like you might just have got away with it.

Its normal for a bit of jerking as it goes through the compression cycle.I assume you have gone through the correct starting proceedure - push the fuel bulb etc.

andrewcg53, Feb 18, 6:12am
Sorry you may have killed it they are very intolerant of fuel without oil or even the wrong mix these days, but you could try pouring some oil down sparkplug hole and slowly pulling the cord a few times and then put sparkplug back in and you may if you are lucky get it to run but it will not run the same and may need to run with choke on a bit, but I don't hold much hope.

dezzie, Feb 18, 7:19am
If it ran properly after you dumped the wrong petrol and put the right stuff in, then its probably ok.are you doing the correct starting procedure.they can be a bit of a tit to start, well mine can anyway, find the book ;)

les6, Feb 18, 7:25am
if it still turns over it will be ok.I put the wrong petrol in mine once and it ground to a halt pretty quick!

hairchopper1, Feb 18, 8:39am
Thanks guys for all your post, the Good news is My Hubby pulled it & it went first pop! Seems I wasnt pulling it properly or hard enough, It seems to run fine, I think I was lucky, & empty it in time, I was just worried when I tried it tonight, & the pull start didnt pull out smoothly. So pleased it still goes! Thanks

tigra, Feb 18, 10:29pm
Ceased or seized! Possibly it has ceased to work.

rsr72, Feb 18, 10:45pm
Best to run a tank, or two, of double oil-mix through it to settle it down after running on neat fuel.

lythande1, Feb 18, 11:18pm
What does this mean! Is this a new term I am not familiar with! Do you mean have you damaged it!

paull, Feb 19, 1:07am
probaly heat seized it, it may start again but wont run for long, what brand is it,hopefully not exspensive

hairchopper1, Feb 19, 8:56am
hahah lol yes I ment seized, thanks for pointing out my mistake!

hairchopper1, Feb 19, 8:58am
yes it was exspensive, Hubby thinks it is fine & he didnt think I ran it long enough to damage it, It has been used for sometime since I put straight petrol in it & it seems to run fine, I was lucky to empty it when I did,

favouriteseller, Mar 14, 4:14pm
unrelated but if you have trouble starting little engines like that

first and formost is to think on how old the fuel is

sometimes dumping the old fuel from the tank and adding fresh fuel is enough to get it going