Weed Identity Please

stevee6, Feb 19, 8:47pm

kaddiew, Feb 19, 10:00pm
Thanks stevee6. It doesnt appear to fit that description, but maybe the plants would start creeping, get darker, downier etc when they grew.Hmmm pulling them out's doing nothing and I don't spray.

shanreagh, Feb 19, 10:35pm
Hi, There are other nightshade plants than 'deadly' nightshade. I have some softer greener foliaged nightshade plants that have come up in my garden that look just like your ones.The other thought I had wasthat it might be some seedlings ofnicotiana plants. This is also in same family as Nightshade. Nicotiana plants have a lovely smell and come out at night.

I don't think it is the Moth or Kapok plant.

kaddiew, Feb 19, 11:21pm
Thanks maybe they are nightshade after all. Definitely not a pleasant smell, so I don't think theyre nicotiana. These are in an old weedmatted bark garden that's breaking down so weeds are happily growing between weedmat and bark.

dibble35, Feb 20, 12:52am
1st glance i thought tobacco weed,but ur description of their stems didnt fit. Tobacco weed also smells really bad when you touch/pull out the plants.

kateley, Feb 20, 12:55am
It could be amaranth

lythande1, Feb 20, 3:00am
Wooly Nightshade. Pick a leaf - does it stink like diesel! Then it's wooly nightshade.
It has sort of furred leaves when bigger, grows yellow berries, ends up as a tree in no time, birds eat the berries but they are highly toxic to mammals. Nasty thing.

maclad, Mar 15, 5:04pm
Don't know what it is but pretty sure non of the above mentioned