yes ,, cut last week

fleur59, Feb 18, 7:26am
Urea, very high nitrogen, drill hole put Urea in cover holes

bugin, Feb 18, 7:40am
What are the trees!

toppa4, Feb 18, 7:44am
wherewillows,and they have already started regrowing

spiritofgonzo, Feb 18, 8:17am
that means, no.Fresh is cut straight away.If it was a fresh cut, you could brush with woody weedkiller, or roundup.

spiritofgonzo, Feb 18, 8:18am
ok cool, so cut again, and brush with woody weedkiller, straight away on the fresh cut before it has time to heal, or dry up.

trade4us2, Feb 18, 10:06am
Drill 10mm wide holes and put Roundup in them every week.

toppa4, Feb 18, 10:21am
i tryed roundup last time i cut down others and it took 2 years to kill them
useing it ,,so looking for something different this time if can

astroflight1, Feb 18, 3:56pm
Yates Woody Weed Killer works a treat.I always apply it within 2 mins of cutting the stump.You can just paint it on or do what the pic on the label shows.I always keep a bottle of it made up and in my gardening buchet with a brush.Whenever I find something I want gone that will not pull out, I cut and paint it.
Some plants/trees require repeat treatments.Some pop out little side growths later, so snap them off and paint immediately.
While some plants do need more than one application, the product does work, even with ivy.Vut it off at ground level and paint the stump, and just let everything above it die of naturally.

If you do not want to wrench a stump, do what I do to mine.Make the stump as low to the ground as you can and put a compost bin over the top of it.Drill heaps of holes into the dtump first.

If you do not want to buy Woody Weed Killer, just use roundup.Drill holes all around the base and get the stuff into those holes.

astroflight1, Feb 18, 3:57pm
Gawd.typeO's, and I am the one who suggested spell check here too LOL.

wheelz, Feb 18, 8:32pm
There's a product called stump rot, just sprinkle it over stump after drilling holes in it.

liggy2, Feb 18, 9:09pm
drill holes and fill them with diesel

rsr72, Feb 18, 10:47pm
Also soak the killer/or whatever around the bark line on the circumference.

spiritofgonzo, Feb 18, 10:54pm
don't do that.

rsr72, Feb 18, 10:56pm
#17- The professionals do it, as I have watched them do on our large tree stumps.

pauldw, Feb 18, 11:17pm
"Apply a weedkiller directly to the stump, concentrating it in the outer ring of live tissue just beneath the bark
Weedkiller is best applied to fresh stumps, as live tissue is needed for its uptake. If the stump is only a few weeks old, you may be able to expose live tissue by cutting the top off to expose a fresh-cut surface "

It's the cambium layer just under the bark that is receptive to poison.

steptoesnr, Feb 19, 12:00am
Sodium chloride into the holes-deadly poison at heavy undiluted rates!

spiritofgonzo, Feb 19, 12:03am
sorry, apologies!I read that as around the drip line . I read bark as in, the garden, not of the tree.Yes, you're right -applying it to the stump perimeter edge works well as it's the outside of the trunk that translocates the sugars back into the plant.This is why trees die when they have been ringbarked, as there's no way to move water and sugars through the tree with the outside cut off

toppa4, Feb 20, 4:36am
maybe i should have ringbarkedthem last year& i wouldnt have this problem now, cause they would all be dead ,, but i didnt & they are alive
and kicking (ha ha) ill try some of ideas on 1 or 2 of the stumps and see
which works the best

peacebird15, Feb 20, 8:59am
To preserve wood you oil it. Diesel is a form of oil, on top of that its not really poisonous until people use so much it just coats everything and means the whole area will be a deadzone for a long long long time. But a deadzone with a preserved stump in the middle of it.

Drill holes and apply nitrogen or buttermilk.

deathrockboy, Feb 20, 9:47am
I wouldn't recommend putting hydrocarbons in the stump.
I'd go with potassium nitrate or urea in drilled holes - these will provide nitrogen to bacteria in an otherwise nitrogen limited environment.
You will probably need to make sure it's dead though - weedkiller on the cambium (as someone else suggested), which is the living tissue.

damlj, Feb 20, 7:29pm
Lots of salt -