Washing a sheepskin underlay

dabo, Mar 1, 8:37pm
I have a King size sheepskin underlay. It would go in my machine. How best to wash it so it comes out fluffy again . It's all compacted down and a bit grubby!

oh_hunnihunni, Mar 1, 8:46pm
It won't come up fluffy again, though you can clean it certainly. The only way to temporarily restore the fluffy pile is to comb it up, because your movement and heat and sweat have felted the wool fibres, and it isn't a process that is easily reversed - worse luck!

lilyfield, Mar 1, 8:47pm
Wash like wool on a windy day, shake frequentlywhile drying, or finish it off in a drier( commercial if need be) for a short time on low settingto fluff up.

Or have it dry cleaned, about 30 $

dabo, Mar 1, 9:20pm
Ohh sad It was so lovely - like sleeping on a cloud when I first got it . Might ring Woolrest and see what they say to do. Any instructions are long list!

harrislucinda, Mar 1, 9:34pm
ijustdonemineonwoollenwashbutmust have ahotandwindydayComeuplikenew

barbiedoll, Mar 1, 9:47pm
I wash mine in the bath with wool wash, shake while drying and then vacuum it. Brings up the pile beautifully.

oh_hunnihunni, Mar 1, 10:03pm
Wow ladies, you almost have me convinced, to stop combing! But the though of lugging a wet queen sized woolrest out onto the line puts me off - as do all those drycleaning chemicals. Still, maybe on a day when I feel extra muscley!

hutchk, Mar 30, 4:11pm
Don't wash the cheapish Briscoes ones - hang on the line on a windy day and it'll look like a sheep exploded in your back yard.

I don't buy the cheap ones any more.