10 hr old dishwasher or hand washing?

f***********s, Jun 18, 6:48am
Anyone know what would be cheaper on the power bill? There is no energy start rating on it as i think its what you would call an old dishwasher.thanks

tweake, Jun 18, 6:57am
hand washing will be cheaper.
not just the power bill but the repair bill !

trade4us2, Jun 18, 7:02am
A dishwasher every couple of days uses less water than half a dozen sinkfulls of water.

sboydnz, Jun 18, 7:23am
Does anyone really take notice of those star ratings? I don't!. Providing the product does a good job who cares about 2, 3 ,4 , or 10 stars ? Brain washing people, brain washing! Too much of that smiling idiot on TV telling everyone to get new tyres for their cars because the half worn ones cost an extra 2c a year in petrol, Idiot should get a real job!

lilyfield, Jun 19, 7:51pm
Main consideration for me for a dishwasher is the price of detergents

I use soap scraps and handwash instead.

jonners2013, Jun 19, 8:22pm
The general indication from the review magazines is that typically a dishwasher will end up more efficient than hand washing. Of course it will vary depending on how you hand wash and the amount of water you use and the sort of dishwasher etc etc etc.

budgel, Jun 19, 11:03pm
!0 hrs old is practically brand new, why was it bought if the cost of running it could be a problem?

tweake, Jun 19, 11:47pm
10 years old is double its designed lifespan !

lythande1, Jun 20, 12:33am
10 years is nothing. I had one for 13 years once.
Dryer is 36 years.

lissie, Jun 20, 4:16am
I am currently without a dishwaster - and it's gross to see just how grubby plates are when then are washed by hand - get a dishwasher! The running costs are insignificant compared to say your heating. And yes 10yo should be just fine - just won't have as many buttons to do wrong

tweake, Jun 20, 4:20am
LOL
i was fixing electronic push button ones over 20 years ago !

f***********s, Jun 20, 7:25am
Cool guys I'm only guessing its that old,, its just old that's all i know. Never thought of the dishwasher powder and tablet price, good point that costs a fair bit

sanders4, Dec 11, 5:07pm
A teaspoon of dishwasher powder costs very little, most people use far too much for a load of rinsed dishes - the size of the container in the machine was designed by powder manufacturers!