Bosch dishwasher broken handle advice pls

harry198, Dec 14, 8:07am
We have a Bosch dishwasher. Chrome front. It has a molded plastic handle which has cracked, causing a button to pop out. It still works and we like the dishwasher. Has anybody had a similar issue and had it repaired? Can the parts be bought new or secondhand? It is about 5 yrs old. Any advice. Thank you

nzjay, Dec 14, 8:50am
I inherited an older, half or three quarter width Bosch dishwasher when I bought my house. It too had a broken plastic recessed handle.
I got a local appliance repair company to obtain the part for me from the NZ agents. It was surprisingly cheap and relatively easy to fit (I'm an electrician).
Incidentally, it's the best little dishwasher I've ever come across.

harry198, Dec 14, 8:53am
Thanks. I will give that a try. Do you think I could fit it myself or is it too dangerous or tricky, in your opinion?

nzjay, Jul 7, 2:47am
I can't say about your model, sounds newer than mine being a stainless front. Mine does actuate an electrical switch inside, and of course, there is the timer/program switch in the door on my model, so some level of expertise is needed.
I would have expected 30mins of Labour from an Appliance Repairman, plus travel time etc.