Bosch Dishwasher

gollycolly, Oct 22, 3:13am
I Have a17yr old Bosch SGS 4002 AU dishwasher which has given no problems till now. Sometimes part way through the cycle the rotary dial will stop. It always stops at the same place. When I move it ,it carries on washing normally. I have rotated the dial a few times and then it goes alright for a week or so. I am inclined to say thank you and buy a new one, but wondered if there was an easy fix. Thank you

vomo2, Oct 22, 5:39am
Its a good dishwasher. Might be worth having it fixed rather than buy a new one that might not be as good.

cagivachick1, Oct 22, 6:43am
our 14 year old bosch dishwasher died at the start of the year, was going to cost $700 to fix not worth spending any money on a machine that old so got a new top model bosch for $1600 on sale at hardly normals, its so quiet you have to check its going

gollycolly, Oct 23, 8:04am
Thank you for your comments. Think I will run it till it dies, say thank you and buy a new one

pettal, Oct 23, 8:14am
see if you can access the switch/dial and spray some CRC or contact cleaner at it = might free the mechanism up .

gollycolly, Oct 23, 8:00pm
Thank you for that. Had a look and it seems the back panel of the door has to be taken off. Might be a simple job but now days I find it can be cheaper if I don't touch. Shall think about it.

trade4us2, Oct 24, 9:02am
It's unlikely to be the dial itself. Maybe it's waiting for something to happen, e.g. to fill up or to finish heating up, and there's a fault in that sensor.
I had the same problem with a different machine, and the water level sensor was faulty. Check for loose wires.

gollycolly, Aug 21, 7:54pm
I suspect the dial because it is pumping water when it happens. Will keep pumping until I move it a couple of clicks then it carries on pumping till it finishes cycle. Thanks for taking the time to comment